Ausfahrt - Largest City in Germany

24 Posts | Latest reply on 02/11/2008 21:20:41 by Matt | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Ok so I'm travelling through Germany, bombing up the autobahn as you do, when 100 miles into the country I realise that either... 1) I'm going around the city Ausfahrt in circles 2) It's the biggest city in Germany.   200 miles on I realise that clearly this isn't a city!   DOH!!!! LOL   http://www.cybercashology.com/images/ausfahrt.jpg http://auto-1a-muenchen.de/service/a96-ausfahrt-102.jpg http://www.matchvideozine.com/ausfahrt.JPG http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1782...sfahrt.jpg                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Yeah, yeah...now try finding Einbahnstrasse in the local A to Z. No joy, yet there's enough bloody signs pointing to it!                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

I'm assuming that's a single road? Or 1-way?  Dutch is similar so I can guess most German words lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

It means one way street. As some english football fans found out a few years ago. They had a hire car nicked in large city and went to the police to report it. When asked what street it was left in they said Einbahnstraße. They police fell about laughing. Phrase books are a wonderful thing.
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

You dingbat Matt! LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Twinned with the French town of Sortie and the Californian hippy commune of Wayout, no doubt.

Matt's Profile
Matt

lol good one wills                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

I thought every town was called Centrum??                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

has the penny dropped yet Matt..as to why your,e out there on your own??!!! doh..                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

yea I'm out here alone cos every sod pulled out on me and I'd booked hotels already! Been really good - but don't think I'd do it again on my own.   Going home today from Germany.                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

I did that once - about 750 miles!! That was a long day ....                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

yea I'm out here alone cos every sod pulled out on me and I'd booked hotels already!    I hope they contacted you before you left. It's odd cos they all seemed keen on joining you on this journey.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Well they missed out, so they should rightly be kicking themselves (With steal toe-capped boots!)                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Hope you had a great time anyway Matt!   With a little more touring experience under my belt I may well join you next year if there is another one.                                                                                                                                                                                 
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

hey TC! just noticed, nice teddy mate!Clap                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

lol.. thanks Julie!   I got the teddy, and I put a bucket load of gel in my hair, but I couldn't bring myself to find/wear a jumper like Matt's..   *snigger*                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

U will never find a jumper like Matt's... U just need a mother who can't knit!LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

... and thus XK's membership was suspended....                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

haha its not a jumper!  And ur teddy isn't pink with flowers on the front.  7/10 for effort tho lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

hey Matt, come on 8/10 cos he`s gone for the hair do as well, TC try again but with the cheesy grin                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 692 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption