Rally Site

200 Posts | Latest reply on 02/11/2008 14:22:02 by fastjock | Go to original / last post
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Okydoke then I'll stop talking myself into giving you more cash than you want ;o)   I wasn't imagining I'd get in for nowt by the way - I was assuming entrance fee, plus stall fee - think XK got the wrong end of the stick. There's a novelty.   I'm looking at doing a few events next year and as a fer instance, I've been quoted amounts like £15 entrance, plus £10 pitch fee.                                                                                                                                                                                 
fastjock's Profile
fastjock

In: Ripon

Ok folks I have emailed Kate from Beermonsters MCC and have suggested this weekend too short notice for everybody , perhaps weekend after or fortnight after , now awaiting her response .   I know Graham won't mind which weekend is chosen , once I have confirmation from Kate I will let Graham know and post it on events calender .   Great name for rally TC 'Ure Welcome Rally' on the banks of the river Ure and Welcome to our first rally .   As for the 'no kids' policy , I think this is very appropriate as BikerMatch is aimed at adult bikers 18+ , do a search and the starting age is 18 , as this is to be a BM rally entry should be to the 18+ only , this would also rule out under-age drinking .                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Would also rule out any members that like taking their kids to rallies,any potential new members and anyone just wanting to come for one day. Parents are responsible for their kids behaviour on site.                                                                                                                                                                              
fastjock's Profile
fastjock

I have recieved a response from Kate , herself and hubby Tim are definately up for a meeting , Kate is also trying to get other Beermonsters to attend and has suggested sat 1st nov or sun 2nd nov . I will contact Graham and see which date suits him , then I can get meeting posted on events calender.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

I think it's become a bit lost in the mists of time here... but there was a legitimate reason for saying no children:   Also,and this is not personal opinion but condition of pl insurance,no under 16s to be allowed.This is due only to a deep,wide and very fast flowing river at the end of propised camping site.   I hear what you're saying Ricdude and happen to agree that it'll probably put a lot of folk off, but if it's a condition of the insurance cover, it's a moot point.                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks for highlighting that wannabe,we don't want to get so bogged down in what is/isn't 'fair',that we lose track of what this is all about,an oppurtunity for members from all over the country to meet up and have a blast.    We are trying very hard to accomodate evreybody here and make this an event that as many people as possible can attend and although evreybodys opinions are welcomed can we please not waste time arguing the pros and cons of issues that for legal/practical reasons are already resolved.    On a lighter note,a meeting is soon to be held to take this venture a step further,evreything discussed will be posted for all to see but if anyone would like a particular issue to be raised please post on forum.Anyone who would like to be involved and would be able to attend in the ripon area this weekend please pm for further deatails.                                                                                                                                                                             
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

In: Tamworth
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

I know I shouldn't be so lazy and I should go back and read the posts on here but what was the ruling on cars at this rally, the reason I ask is I am not always able to ride my bike to rallies because of my arm, although I don't always know this until the day before or even the day I am due to ride somewhere.   I may be having more surgery later this year or sometime next year so again this would make a difference to whether I could ride or not.   What I wouldn't want to do is put my name down and pay for something then find I can't attend because of a no car or limited car ruling.                                                                                                                                                                             
fastjock's Profile
fastjock

What we would need to do is request people to indicate their mode of transport when booking tickets i.e bike or car or possability of car, that way we can estimate approx area required for car parking - it is an 11.5acre field , so plenty of room for adjustment . Any overspill could probably use the pub car park .
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Not forgetting the helipad for ghosty of courseLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Cassie said "Hope you'll make it down,i will be flying my saltire and maybe even take my chanter,we could give them a blast of scotland the brave"   If all goes to plan I may be back in England living on a boat at the time of the rally, but I may well wear my kilt....   *looks for velcro*   This is going to take a lot of planning but it sounds as though you have the right people involved so I wish you all the best of luck with it even though I can't really help out myself.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

You wear yours and i'll wear mineThumbs Up   Great mooring right at the edge of the campsite teecee,will even pipe you ashore                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

And I will hold yr hand on the gangplank, just 2 make sure u don't fall in...Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
fastjock's Profile
fastjock

Rally meeting arranged : Saturday 1st November at 12noon at The George Country Inn, Main Street, Wath, RIPON, North Yorkshire HG4 5EN   Will be posted on events calender - currently awaiting approval.   Graham will be there , Beermonsters MCC members have kindly agreed to attend and share their knowlege with us .                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Beermonsters MCC ,,,share their knowlege ...as long as they share their beer...                                                                                                                                                                             
fastjock's Profile
fastjock

Had a bit of a panic on yesterday , as juliej had txt me saying she had been out to Wath and the pub was deserted .   Have been to see Graham today , the pub doesn't officially open till 5pm , but he is going to open up for 12noon next saturday just for us . Thumbs Up  No lunch menu though - best have a feed up before you come .   Could do with seeing a few more faces on attendance list . Everybody welcome , standard members too Big smile                                                                                                                                                                               
Herne's Profile
Herne

In: Dewsbury

Ok I know I'm a thickie and I must have been past it many times but can ya tell me where Ripon is please Embarrassed    I think I can manage that on Saturday..oh and will the bar be open Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hang a right outa Dewsbury til u hit the A1(M). Head north. Where the motorway becomes the A1 is Ripon. You can hav the honour of getting the 1st round in!                                                                                                                                                                               
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

lol.. foolproof instructions them!  u can get the 2nd round in !  ;)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

An u the 3rd! Smile    Anybody else wots sounds like a good party?                                                                                                                                                                             
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

In: Darlington

Cassie and I will be there.  Hope the Buffalo burgers are on!                                                                                                                                                                                 

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6563 seconds. There are 755 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption