Rally Site

200 Posts | Latest reply on 02/11/2008 14:22:02 by fastjock | Go to original / last post
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi Cassie Definately up for attending..and wouldn't mind helping out, if I can.  Not quite sure what my plans are going to be next year, yet..I can't make any committments, but I would like to be kept in mind for this.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Haha,kept in mind.....your names down already Karey!!   Would be great if peeps could let us know which they would prefer,april or august.Personally think april might be best.   We need to get a meeting organised soon fast jock,will pm you in the next coupla days.                                                                                                                                                                             
RC's Profile
RC

In: Derbyshire

sorry cant do end of april as its mcn weekend, apart from that dont think ive got owt planned yet...................                                                                                                                                                                             
RC's Profile
RC

plus if we cant bring our kids ( and mine will be 15 ) then sorry wont be able to make it hope u have a brill time  Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

In: Darlington

Sorry to hear that RC, it would've been good to meet up with you somewhere other than Matlock, we were hoping that (with this much notice) people would be able to make suitable arrangements and commit to help promote BM as the social site it is and enjoy a weekend of fun & frivolity, not to be missed.   Got my kids (ages 14 & 15) all sorted (provisionally) with their Nana for the weekend.  No doubt if the date changes, then I'll make sure something gets sorted.   I, for one, think this event will only enhance the whole BM ethos and allow people to meet physically rather than virtually.                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

Can't commmit to the April date (exam time) but can make the August one and can't help with the organisation bit either, just got to much studying to do I'm afraid.                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate

i would def pre aug, much easier to farm kids out during school hols!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Thanks for thinking of me Cassie - haven't been keeping up with all the threads recently, so I missed it, until it was pointed out to me.

But yes - definitely up for taking a stall - assuming a reasonable stall fee ;o)

I've been invited to take a stall at a rather exclusive do but they want £150 for the day! Flip! I consider myself lucky if I take 30 quid. I suppose I could take the mick and artificially inflate my prices for it?! But then I'd go on a guilt trip and feel like I'd ripped people off... I'm never going to get rich from this am I?

& assuming time off will be granted by my delightful and co-operative bossman.

Have you decided on a definite date yet?

I have a bit of a nightmare getting holiday from work, so the earlier notice, the better.

Oh... and my tuppenceworth regarding stalls in general? I reckon you'd be better off having the stalls for the duration of the event (if possible), rather than just the Saturday... it's nice for people to have somewhere to mooch around and browse... plus people often "window-shop" at the beginning of an event, then spend at the end of the event.

*whispers* Any money spent with me is getting me one step closer to 2 wheels, so you know it makes sense to buy my sparklies & support the BLAB Fund ;o) I'm whispering cos I did faithfully promise to stick to PMs for all things sparkly-related and not spam the forums *ahem*

Do you know if the PL Insurance you're looking at will cover stall holders or will we need to get our own?

I've been strictly amateur up to now and relying on fair/sale/event organisers to have insurance in place, but I'm planning, IF I can get the financing somehow, to set myself up on a more professional footing within the next 12-18 months.
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

In: Ely. Cambs
52% Karma52% Karma 52% Karma52% Karma

I'd be up for this Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
RC's Profile
RC

might be able to sort something out for an august meet but deffo cant make it if u have the meet in april.............                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thanks for the response guys was begining to think no one was interested!!   Thanks for your support Di,means a lotThumbs Up    There would be no charge for BM stallholders Wannabe,nobodys looking to make a profit here(makes a change i know)as for the pli,not sure but will check and get back to you as soon as.Am looking forward to seeing your stuff, i LOVE sparkly things.   Oggy buddy,would be great to see you there,from what i hear a partys not a party without you,can we put you down for dizzy sticks??LOL   RC would be really great if you could make it,aug is looking hot fav at the momment,we will confirm dates as soon as,hopefully by end of month.   Thanks so much to all you have responded,lets spread the word and make this one to remember.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

My vote is for August as well.     I could do marshalling and control tent. I'm very good at frisking for weapons and drugs. (ahem).   ttm - u up 4 security?                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Well that sounds like a very reasonable stall fee indeed! lol

Seriously though - whilst we're not necessarily looking to profiteer from the bash, we are looking to cover all costs and no stall holders would expect to get it for nothing. Dependent on expected attendance & duration of the event, most smallish rallies seem to charge in the region of £10-£20... it all goes into the kitty and contributes to covering the cost of putting the rally on.

So it's worth bearing in mind, to make a nominal charge. I certainly wouldn't object personally.

And if by some strange quirk of fate you do end up making any money on the event, it could either go towards paying for the following year's event or perhaps we could make a donation to a biker-related charity?

Most of us have our own pet charities (I always donate 10% of whatever I sell to my Mum's playgroup for children with special needs) but what brings us together here is the bikes, so that seems appropriate... & who among us doesn't know someone who's been seriously injured (or worse) in a bike accident?

Just a thought :o)

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

You don't expect to get in for free - maybe we could work summat out...Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

Is that a blushing smiley, XK or a bruise from Wannabe's left hook??                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Let u know, come next August!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Just to clarify,stalls would be free to bm members,entrance wouldnt,so you would still have to purchase ticket am afraid.   as for any (hopefully) profit,a multiple signatory bank account will be set up and any monies left over will be used for following year,hopefully bigger and better.   XK we are hoping to attract more members not put em off!!!   We are gonna need a name for this spectacular bash folks so any suggestions(NON sleezy please)would be appreciated.                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

The Ure Welcome Rally?   (cos it's on the banks on the River Ure....) Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Thumbs Up Thats quite clever TC !! lol   Maybes we could have a vote.. i cant think of any .. yet.. will keep trying..lol   We have to make sure we're not copying any other names, of course.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

love that one teeceeThumbs Up   Hope you'll make it down,i will be flying my saltire and maybe even take my chanter,we could give them a blast of scotland the braveLOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6094 seconds. There are 665 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption