Swiss Bikers

12 Posts | Latest reply on 23/09/2008 16:22:43 by old red | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

I just want to say that the Swiss Bikers appear to be the most rude and ignorant in Europe/US (not been anywhere else so can't comment on OZ/Asia etc).   I've nodded and waved to at least a hundred bikers whilst i've been riding around here now, and only about 3 have waved back (Clearly foreigners lol).   Do the biker traditions and comradary not extend to Switzerland?  Or do the bikers here just think they're above everyone else?  They all ride funny too, sat bolt up right, riding really slow.  Look like a load of kings/queens riding around lol.   I wont get started on the scooter riders who are just unbelievable.                                                                                                                                                                             
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

get yerself on that rant forum, let it all out,it will do you good you know it will!                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

you were warned Matt ...now get out of there as quick as you can!!!   and don,t listen to that Geoff Blackburn fella again!!Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

I've noticed this phenomenon over here too..i've been out on my bike all day today, and half the bikers i nodded to completely blanked me..ignorant t**ts Angry                                                                                                                                                                             
Phil's Profile
Phil

In: Liverpool

Do you find that it is usually the biker son the sports bikes with dark visors matching leather and knee scrapers who don't nod. Might i point out the qualifier "usually" not all.                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

No not usually PP..usually the custom bike riders if i'm honest..although there are a few up their own arses sports bike riders i have to say. There are some miserable sods on this planet!                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

"and don't listen to that Geoff Blackburn fella again!!"   Ha - you have fallen into my trap!!   I know what you mean though Matt, some do shake their leg at you, which is there version of waving, but a lot don't even do this.   Plus, the sat bolt upright thing is a little odd, I have to admit.  They seem to buy the latest sports bikes, designed of course for as close to perfect balance as possible ....... and then fit high rise bars on them so they are sat upright and in so doing totally ruin this balance!!!   I can however, having witnessed the ferocity of their Police first hand, understand why they all ride slowly - although once in the Alps they seem to all suddenly go crazy!!                                                                                                                                                                             
mat750's Profile
mat750

In: Solihull

As a mate of mine said after a quick blat through Lichtenstein and Switzerland; "Being in Switzerland's just like being dead... only less interesting!"                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I always found in Germany they all wave whatever you ride. I ride a chop (and proud of it) and i find most sports bike riders in the UK look down their nose at me. They seem to me to be the head in arse type.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Do the biker traditions and comradary not extend to Switzerland? Or do the bikers here just think they're above everyone else?

Tsk tsk... & you a man of Europe & all.. Don't you know nuffink?

It's Switzerland innit? Neutrality & all that jazz... If they're seen waving to you, all hell'll break loose if there was a Yank they didn't wave to cos they were changing gear at the time... You want to start WWIII or summat?

;o)

Hey Ricdude! All the girlies love a chopper...

Dammit!

That was my out-loud voice again, wasn't it? *ahem*
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Yea arrived in Germany today, seems fine. Everyone's really friendly, speak English etc.   Switzerland's bikers just got worse and worse!  I waved at hundreds, and only a handful waved (Raised one finger).  I think they're scared of letting go of the bars. Maybe it's illegal or something over there, wouldn't surprise me.   Anyhoo, i got away with not buying a sticker thing - I just stayed on the normal roads.                                                                                                                                                                             
old red's Profile
old red

In: Norwich
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

apparently there are many things you,re not allowed to do in switzerland between the hours 8.am to 8.am cept look at the scenery                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5156 seconds. There are 1230 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption