deleting

11 Posts | Latest reply on 20/09/2008 06:17:35 by Matt | Go to original / last post
julie j's Profile
julie j

In: Harrogate
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

is there a quicker way to delete messages en masse rather than doing one at a time ?                                                                                                                                                                              
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

I accidentally discovered that if you just click away at them, while it's thinking about deleting the first one you click on, you can usually get rid of a whole page at a time... If you're not quite fast enough, it misses out 1 or 2 though ;o)

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I accidentally discovered that if you just click away at them, while it's thinking about deleting the first one you click on, you can usually get rid of a whole page at a time... If you're not quite fast enough, it misses out 1 or 2 though ;o)   So that's WHY the site freezes up! lol   (am I imagining it or are there TWO threads with the same title?)                                                                                                                                                                               
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
71% Karma71% Karma 71% Karma71% Karma

I'm sure there was only one a few minutes ago. Memo to self: go easy, huh?                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Please note that it will indeed add to the server's workload when you do that, so please only start mass-deleting when the site appears to be running well.   Basically - for the length of time it takes to delete a message, someone else's request to load a page is on hold.   And the fastest way is to hold SHIFT+CLICK.  This opens a new page.  So hold shift, then click down on the delete buttons. A new page will load for each delete.   This is really hammering the server though, so please refrain from doing so unless you really must delete your messages.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

lol - oops! Sorry!   I just copped the strop one day because it was taking an absolute age... & started clicking, not actually imagining it was going to delete more than one message at a time! LOL   Promise I won't do it again Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

you could have 1 message or a million, it wont slow down the page (Wont explain why).   It will slow things down if u start mass-deleting (Note that when u delete a PM it has to open a new page, which loads all the headers, reloads ur inbox,etc etc).                                                                                                                                                                             
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

In: Darlington

Does it affect the speed of the server if we just leave the messages as they are?  I have a fair few and have never deleted them, besides I don't get that many messages anyway boo hoo LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Ah no, I wasn't thinking that the number of messages made a difference to the speed, what I meant was taking an age was when I was deleting one message... it took so long just to delete one, I clicked away merrily on the bin icons beside a whole page full while I was in a strop! LOL   Not that I'm *ever* stroppy... *ahem*                                                                                                                                                                             
mat750's Profile
mat750

In: Solihull

A stroppy woman??!! Surely not... Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

well little miss, that certainly would slow the server down - so its u we can all blame lol.   If you request a page and it doesnt load, the WORST thing you can do is request it again. So be patient! lol   Shouldn't be a problem if you don't delete them, it's only text so doesn't take up much storage space.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4688 seconds. There are 1730 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption