Bmf (BM MEETING???)

28 Posts | Latest reply on 23/09/2008 06:12:09 by Hull750Rider | Go to original / last post
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

In: Tamworth
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Well where were you all, my ice cream nearly melted all over my hands while I was busy at 12 noon looking for you all at the speedway stands on both Saturday and Sunday.   Hope you all got better bargains than I did, all I managed to get was a crash helmet for my eldest which was £60 cheaper than she could get of the internet (£250)   Was it me or was this the worst year for stands this year.                                                                                                                                                                              
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

I was there too CG (that ice cream was very nICE too lol) walked up and down for about 15 mins did not recognise anyone and was in my hat and leather jacket same as my piccy lol. I even looked aroung the grand stand nope. I got a set of armoured water proofs from Frank Thomas (not from the two tat tents the main retail tent) was 250 paid 85 also a bike store was 200 paid inc delivery 50 (bit like a tent for a bike) Hein Gerrick was a waste of space (all returned and kicked about the warehouse floor rubbish mainly everything was faulty in some way) but i managed to get a gold oxford padlock and chain that retailed at about £130 for a fiver as there was no keys........hope to contact oxford with barrel or lock number and get a key if not bloody strong chain to go with a dirty great strong ground anchor reduced right down to £15 bought a currant Buff for only a tenner (was 1st customer) and got a pick of any last years designs they had so helped self to an artic Buff £33 value in all there was a load of copies there and a hell of a lot of rst stuff cheap but was not impressed with cost of food over all, 1st time I've been will go again enjoyed the 2 days watched some short track racing and the moped enduros (looked like fun for a few chavs on the run in a mass breakout lol) but one poor lad was ambulenced off on sat looked like a broken collar bone after smashing into the barriers just before the chicane to the left of the grand stand and looked like he was run over by at least annother 2 riders from where I was sitting.                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Best bit for me was watching James Toseland and Crash saturday nite. Your right about the hien gericke tent it was all just tat!!   i saw the bike Barns. Was tempted but never really had a look to see why they were seconds?We took our own beer. On site was £3.20 a pint!!   Sorry we missed everyone that went. hope you all enjoyed it? Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

I asked the staff on the Main Frank Thomas desk about the Bike Barns and was told they were mainly excess/old stock but as they were vastly reduced they had to cover every event and say seconds as some could be, (will keep you posted) watched JT was quite good but mainly covers was hoping for more original stuff....   I had to chuckle at all the chavs in the HG tent scrambling to get stuff when it went down to a fiver (or less) for everything in the tent, and all the resultant armes full of HG bags winging thier way to a car boot near you (well quick wash (maybe.....) in the local laundrette and out on a rail/paste table for it)                                                                                                                                                                              
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

Sounds like a worthwhile week ends shopping for you Hull, I suppose it depends what you go for, I didn't go for anything in particular other than a helmet and gloves for my daughter, I didn't find any decent gloves. (well not the ones she wanted anyway)I did see the bike stores and thought they looked a bargain for anyone who has to keep their bike outdoors. I got myself a good oxford lock two years ago when I went and oxford where really good and managed to supply me with replacement keys so hopefully they will sort keys out for you.   Seems funny to think we were at the same place at the same time but never recognised each other, I did look for anyone looking like you in a hat. lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

That's it you see so much better looking in the flesh in my hat is why you missed me lol, cheers for info on oxford/lock/keys I came home gloveless too but after getting fully amoured textile suit and same in leather two pairs of boots helmet I think I saved enough to go get gortex gloves and liners at HG baulked at cost but still grinning on the over all savings, I needed to replace everything after getting knocked off in november been running around in old/damaged gear ever scince I put bike back on the road........
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

I could turn this into a very exciting thread by asking how did you get to the BMF was you on your bike? should this be a bike only event. lol   Only joking folk.   I know why you didn't recognise me, it was because I had my rollers in and was sitting on the grass knitting ChaVbot a new  string vest while watching the speedway and stunt team.(I should have been standing not sitting)   Wow wasn't that little 4yr old brave doing a jump on his bike.                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

4YR olds have no fear lol   Sooo that WAS you then ahhh   And (went on my bike as have no other transport!) took my trailer as intended to shop hard lol                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2656 seconds. There are 834 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption