Signs that scare me!

13 Posts | Latest reply on 10/09/2008 11:30:27 by TeeCee | Go to original / last post
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Whilst posting on another topic I commented on the signs you see in parks etc telling you not to throw your money in ponds.   This got me thinking and very quickly I realised there are a lot of signs and warnings like this such as;   "Please Mind Your Head", "Please note, this coffee is hot", "Warning, Slippery Ice" and "Superglue bonds skin"!!   Or my personal favourite found on the back of WD40 tins, "If swallowed do not induce vomiting, call doctor immediately"!!!!  WTF!!  Why, oh why, would you want to swallow WD40???   And suddenly I felt a little scared by all this.  Not scared about the signs and warnings themselves, but scared because there are clearly people out there who are so STUPID, that other people feel the need to put these ludicrous signs in place!   People who do walk into walls ..... people who do swallow down huge mouthfuls of steaming hot coffee .... people who do get confused when their hands get stuck together after washing them in superglue.   And yes, people who do feel the need to have a nice drink of WD40 because they are thirsty and it happens to be handy!!   These people scare me.                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

The note on the last rung of the ladder is a corker!                                                                                                                                                                              
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl

woz it say, woz it say???                                                                                                                                                                             
ttaskmaster's Profile
ttaskmaster

In: Reading

Why, oh why, would you want to swallow WD40???   Coz it makes you feel special!!! LOL   I love the scene in Withnail & I where Grant's character, desperate for alcohol, downs a can of lighter fluid. Then, upon seeking greater stimulation, hits upon the idea of chasing the fluid with Anti-Freeze. His co-star, McGann, then utters the immortal line;   "Don't be a fool - You should never mix your drinks"!!!!   Grant then promptly goes from a well-timed giggling fit to retching over McGann's shoes LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Not far from me is a B road. There is a red triangular warning sign on it. Inside the triangle is a silhouette of a tank. Better than any speed camera.                                                                                                                                                                             
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

That's not a Tank XY it's a water carrier for messapatinia sssshhhh loose lips sinks ships, be like dad keep mum ;o)                                                                                                                                                                             
ttaskmaster's Profile
ttaskmaster

In: Reading

How old are you, Hull???!!!   Man, nobody's used phrases like that since my grandad was a lad!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Silvi's Profile
Silvi

In: Northallerton

I work in a Petrol Station and along with all the other health and savety warnings and all the what if's is my favourite...If swalloed do not induce vomiting drink plenty of Milk (good job we sell Milk and would we have to charge for that) and call emergency!! Now Im forever looking out of the windows for that lone walking person who lifts the nozzel up to their lips and sucks a bit of Pertol/Diesel!! That would be £5.00 please                                                                                                                                                                              
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

"this product may contain nuts"..........found on a fruit and nut wrapper!   and "no entry" printed on a pair of knickers but thats another story.                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

...or on the front of a pair of Y-fronts "may contain nuts"....                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

How about a total of 27 warning signs for speed / enforcement cameras on one stretch of road, just a few miles long, and not a single flippin' camera to be seen?   I think it was 27... We counted them on Saturday night on the way back to RC's do from the hotel... Long time ago ;o)                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

TC's new profile piccy..   bike, sword, dodgy geezer in background...seems familiar somehow...                                                                                                                                                                             
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

*shrugs shoulders*                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4336 seconds. There are 673 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption