Plea for help re: RC's Charity Fun Day - D'oh!

50 Posts | Latest reply on 05/09/2008 10:59:44 by Di | Go to original / last post
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

OK, so Plan A involved borrowing my parents' car (a Kangoo converted for wheelchair use), so I'd have plenty of space for 2 passengers, a marquee, a couple of tables, my display stuff & my jewellery stocks... and overnight bags if folk insisted on bringing them ;o)

Plan A is scrapped as the Kangoo is currently undriveable and won't be fixed until its service/MOT in a month or so. br>
So Plan B involved seeing whether or not there was any hope of doing it all in me little Ka.

Forget it!

Possibly with no passengers, I might just manage it. Even then it'd be a squeeze.

So Plan C...

Part (i) Is anyone going to RC's bash who has a marquee they could bring for us little stall-holders to use? Mine's a 6m x 3m jobbie and we figured it would be ideal for 3-4 stalls. But anything would help - even a gazebo type thing?

Or...

Part (ii) Is anyone going to RC's bash in a car/van from anywhere around say, the M25 area(ish) who could take the marquee up for me? I can meet up with you or drop it round to you on Weds or Thurs night after work.

Come on you lovely people - there must be someone out there willing to assist a damsel in distress? Or dat dress?

Pretty please, wi' a cherry on t'top? & stuff like that... ;o)
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Oh... & Part Deux of the deep joys experienced today when every plan was shot to pieces, is that the instructions for the erection of said marquee have gone walkabout... so that's going to add to the fun & games! Hehehe! ;o)                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Plan D could be for you to come up with a Ka-full of your stuff, and SKS to arrive armed with at least a gazebo. i had been planni g to go on the bike, but if things get desperate i could ask around about gazebos (gazebi?) and chuck it in the back of the MPV. Much as I'd like to help, Liverpool-Belper via Dartford is a bit too much of a detour, thoughConfused                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

SKS?

A Russian semi-automatic carbine?

Or Some Kind Soul, perhaps?! lol

I think you may have a point... Liverpool-Belper via Dartford is possibly stretching a favour too far - but hey, it's the thought that counts! ;o)

drobess's Profile
drobess

In: Bedworth
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

Is there ant1 goin 2 belper nxt wk that rides near coventry n would like 2 have a tag on follw them up there, if there is drop me a pm plez, fanxBig smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Le Bump.

Nobody else anywhere more local to the bash with a gazebo/party tent they could get down there for Saturday morning then?

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Hey Wannabe   Ever thought about getting a roofrack?   (for the car, not the put-put!)LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Do they even make roof racks for ickle Ka's? Don't have the time or the money to sort it this week anyway - & ordinarily, I just borrow Ma & Pa's car if I need something bigger.   If I was travelling alone, it wouldn't be a problem - just push the back seats down & you'd be amazed at what you can fit into a Ka Wink                                                                                                                                                                                  
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Wot u do in the back of yr ka is yr own businss....Embarrassed   U could try tying the tent'gazebo to the roof. Ever used a strap-on?                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Would you care to rephrase that?! LOL   *pleads the 5th*                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Sorted :o)

With ma-hussive thanks to Di & FBK...

Now all I have to do is try and work out how the devil to erect the blessed tent without the instructions. Perhaps I could devise a game around it and raise some extra cash for the charity?! Hehehe!

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Good to see you have it sorted Wink   Ohhhhh games LOL Yeahhhh but we want the tent up Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

It'll certainly be interesting... & if my Uncle didn't live flipping thousands of miles away, I'd be demanding that he come and put it up as it was he who assured me the instructions were in the box... GGGrrrrr! Hehehe! ;o)                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

He who?

Him who?

*tuts*

No wonder I only got a B in my English O-level ;o)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I was going to say something about erections,but i probably won't bother.                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

Rics not that bothered he said it twice !!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Perhaps he couldn't manage to get it up the first time.Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Bit personal ain't it?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Most chaps have trouble with their first tent erection.   It gets easier with practice.Wink                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5313 seconds. There are 828 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption