Mobile Phone Service Providers

12 Posts | Latest reply on 17/08/2008 18:57:03 by Karey | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Looking for your opinion on reliable mobile phone service providers...   As most folk know I've just moved home, at the moment I'm with T Mobile but I'm having problems getting a signal.   My text messages take ages to send if they go at all and I keep getting a text message from T Mobile saying I've missed a call and if I don't want to keep getting notification to text them, which I have done but they still keep asking me Angry      So...basically I'm not able to get calls or send texts so that makes my mobile just another watch/timer, in other words pretty fecking useless. I contacted T Mobile and told them of the aggro and was told I get 70% coverage OUTSIDE and 10% inside for the area I live, and that coverage is better at my old address. Oh great! so I'll live outside then shall I or go back to the house I just left and wait til it gets demolished!?     Does anyone know WHICH service provider gives the most cover INSIDE, or at least more than 10%? How would I find this out?                                                                                                                                                                                 
SP's Profile
SP

In: Weston Super Mar
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi  Kwak.   go to this site, it tells you ofevery network in GB. Mobile<...k.    It will be listed the 5th from the top of page.   Hope this helps.                         Steve                                                                                                                                                                             
old gixer boy's Profile
old gixer boy

In: on the streets

02 kwak all the way                                                                                                                                                                             
Triumph_Sy's Profile
Triumph_Sy

In: Newtown
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Agreed, used them all over the years, nowt better than o2.                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

well I use Orange - have done for years, never had a problem ('specially round Hudds)                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

AJ.. O2 for me too. Been wiv them abart 7 yrs now.. had no probs..except when I'm camping on the edge of a forest.. in the Borders, miles from nowhere!   But nobody else gets a signal either !  lol   Also...signed up wiv Orange..got a BroadBand deal wiv them...O2 have given me a free 12mnth contract, so that I 'might' go back to them.  I will, as soon as they get BB in my area.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Thanks to SP for the link and to ogb, ArfurB, HFG and Karey for your opinion   Unfortunately the first paragraph doesn't make sense to me Embarrassed It is not possible to use a different home network, even to make an emergency call (even though your phone's handbook may tell you it is!). and the info doesn't tell me one way or the other which provider is best. It states that where one provider will have good coverage another may not and vice versa so no real conclusive answer. if you count my sis then that's 4 who recommend 02, so maybe they are worth a try. What's worrying me most is with T Mobile (my current service provider) I am on a very old tariff that doesn't exist anymore but suits me, I never make phone calls from my mobile, can't afford to, and don't top up very often for same reason but my texts cos me 10p per page and I don't have to pay to listen to my voice mail. With other tariffs,and other networks, it's more money and a charge for picking up voice mail.   I'm well annoyed that I can't get coverage in my new home from T MObile, and more annoyed at the attitude of the advisor, she didn't seem the least bit interested that I can't get a signal and didn't even try to keep me as a customer, I've been with T Mobile for years. Obviously I'm not paying enough money to warrant an apology never mind getting their interest lol   Thanks again everyone, I do appreciate your help.   ===============   Does anyone know how much it would be to unlock my phone, if it's locked, so I can use another network's sim card (something I had no idea of til I read the info in that link)                                                                                                                                                                                 
SP's Profile
SP

In: Weston Super Mar

It's around £20 down here in wales.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
75% Karma75% Karma 75% Karma75% Karma

If the phone's locked, then you can't use another network's card. Unlocking can be anything from a fiver upwards. Go to any market and you'll find a stall that can probably do it on the spot for most phones. Then you can use any card you want, apart from 3 (cos they use a different technology).                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

If the phone's locked, then you can't use another network's card.    I know, I just said that myself lol    It's a pain having to pay at all, I wouldn't need to if T Mobile  upgraded their system.   I think I'll visit a link shop and ask their advice about unlocking, if it applies to my phone, they're impartial aren't they?                                                                                                                                                                                   
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
75% Karma75% Karma 75% Karma75% Karma

Try entering the make and model of your phone plus unlock into Google and see what comes up. Some of them can be done just by entering a code...just tried it for the new Samsung I've just bought my daughter and it could be done there and hen for £2.99.                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

i got a new Sony Ericsson on Tmobile unlocked for a tenner in a mobile fone shop in tarn (not one of the big name ones..just a guy that sells old fones and accessories).  He does it on a computer..hadta call back in 20 mins for it.                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4531 seconds. There are 640 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption