The gardening thread...

82 Posts | Latest reply on 24/07/2008 07:13:18 by Wannabe | Go to original / last post
ttaskmaster's Profile
ttaskmaster

In: Reading
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I was thinking a Martial Arts one.... Then I can actually speak with some semblance of authority instead of thread-jacking and going off-topic in a flippant fashion.   Thing is, I used to do peoples' gardens for a living, including installing ponds, but I can't remember a bloody thing!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford

Flippant is good. I like flippant.

I can't knit... well I can, but very very badly...

Erm cross stitch? It makes me cross anyway... I have half a dozen part completed cross stitch thingamies :o) ... I get bored and wander off to try something else...
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

W - Tuesday night, in the chatroom, remember... knitting classes                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Trouble is, you lot expect me to host the knitting classes... I've only just got the hang of knit 1, purl 1...                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thats the trouble with the chatroom - too many knits...   (present company excepted)                                                                                                                                                                              
witchiest's Profile
witchiest

In: hinckley

sneaking a gardening question in...anyone got a none weedkiller way of killing dandilions? am fed up of always pulling em up and they appear again overnight!!! dont really want to use weedkiller as smiley likes helping in garden and wouldnt want any harm to come to me littleman!!
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Vinegar... allegedly... no idea if it works or not! lol

And careful with the application because it'll kill the surrounding grass too ;o) Stick some in a spray bottle and have a bash at it - let us know if it works! Apparently you've to spray it for about 3 seconds.

Alternatively, tip boiling water on it... which will also kill off the surrounding grass! D'oh!

You'll have a lawn with little bald patches, but hey, no dandelions... alternatively, extract the juice and start up a little cottage industry selling home grown herbal remedies :o)
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I tried dandelion wine once - not very nice.Thumbs Down   But what can u expect for 10 bob a bottle.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Flamethrowers are good.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Flamethrowers are good.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Two r better!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yeah,one for each hand.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yeah,one for each hand.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

I reckon you must be one of them there nymphomaniacs (or whatever they call 'em) Ricdude - very keen on playing with fire ;o)

*legs it*

*again*                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thats pyromaniac i think,but yeah your right. *Legs it after WB*                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thats pyromaniac i think,but yeah your right. *Legs it after WB*                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

...er.. getting yr leg over Wannabe?                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Not til tomorrow XY ;o)                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

we got that dance date tomorow?thought it was later!!                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

10/10 FER EFFORT TM!                                                                                                                                                                               

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7813 seconds. There are 908 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption