Dutch lorry drivers set up cheap mobile phone network

27 Posts | Latest reply on 08/07/2008 17:12:04 by tangoman60 | Go to original / last post
TeeCee's Profile
TeeCee

In: Blair Atholl
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Never been a big fan of cruise control!   Manufacturers should be making the driver more involved in the driving process, not detaching them!   As has been suggested by greater men than me, replace the airbag on the steering wheel with a big spike and THEN see how carefully they drive....                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

perhaps everyone should be retested every few yrs!still say ban phone conversations talkin to a passenger is different!they are aware of yu drivin extra set of eyes to! sorry matt youre wrong if youre tired pull over get a coffee have forty winks!!as they say tiredness kills talkin on a phone when youre tired doesnt make sense at all!
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

Personally I find a female in the car a distraction.......;p A very welcome one! lol                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

get em to go down!.....an change the cd!                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

it was just for examples sake TM.  Theres a difference between using a bluetooth headset whilst making a long distance boring motorway journey at night, than using a actual mobile phone whilst driving around a built up area at night. It's just common sense, if you don't feel capable or you feel the situation doesnt allow for it - then don't do it.   Regarding making cars more difficult to drive...i agree, but people like my mum already find it difficult just driving a normal car!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

The lorry driver got 4 1/2 years in prison. Yet the woman car driver who reached across to the passenger door pocket for a tissue and drove into a biker, killing him, gets a 6 month ban.ConfusedAngry                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

'boring motorway journey'i dont find any journey boring![only when stuck in traffic!] i quite enjoy night drivin on a motorway music on the radio or cd or a companion for my sins i have chatted on a phone[no more] an it is different than talkin to a passenger the person on the on the end of the phone doesnt care about your drivin and you devote more of your concentration to them!its easier to block radio out of your mind than someone demandin youre attention on a phone!an what are yu talkin about?crap basically!its about compromise i would accept radios an chattin pasengers as the lesser evill!sat navs an phones rate higher on the distraction levell ps i noted the ageist comment!

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3574 seconds. There are 881 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption