Romania - anyone have any tips?

36 Posts | Latest reply on 12/05/2008 08:58:32 by Wannabe | Go to original / last post
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi all,   Off to sunny (?) Romania on Friday with Lil Sis... Specifically to Brasov (i.e. Transylvania area / foothills of the Carpathian mountains).   Anyone here been before?   We'll do all the usual "Eeenglish Toureesta" rubbish I'm sure, but it's always good to get tips from folk who've been places before. Smile   Cheers & beers, Louise                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
72% Karma72% Karma 72% Karma72% Karma

Hi Louise and welcome,   Got a friend who owns a house near Zarnesti...tells me the people are friendly, but it's like a trip back in time to the 1950s. Not much in the way of electronic entertainment! Great if you're into low-tech holidaying with scenery, food and fresh air. Might be going there myself come August - let us know how you get on.                                                                                                                                                                                  
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Cheers for the welcome Wills Smile   As I'm welded to a keyboard 24/7, it'll do me good to go somewhere with limited electronic entertainment! lol   Must remember to grab an extra memory card for the camera... I'm a sucker for scenery Wink   Full report upon my return!                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

If I was to accompany you then I could help with any issues you may have such as language problems or directions around the country. Ok, so I don't actually speak Romanian, but I've been there loads, absolutely loads.  Well actually no I haven't.  In fact I've never been to Romania and have never even thought about going to Romania.   However, having seen your profile I am suddenly very interested in going with you!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

*chortles*   Get yourself to Gatport Airwick at stupid o'clock Friday morning then, and we'll meet you at the Sleasyjet desk Tongue                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Wahey!!!!!  Oh - cant make Friday morning, got a meeting .... damn!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

I'm told that a smattering of French or German will always help, though when the going gets tough an English-speaker will usually emerge from somewhere. Widespread, but reluctant, Russian, too. I have schoolboy French and war-comic German, but my Russian stops at tovarich and piva (beer!)...fingers crossed! I've only ever met one Romanian that I can remember, an ancient and crumbly engineer called Henri Coanda. But at least Bucharest airport is named after him!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

*tuts*

Always with the excuses Geoff? ;-)

I reckon so long as we learn the phrases for "2 beers, my good man!" and "taxi!" we'll be covered well enough Wills! lol

tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

last we'll se of wannabe for a while she'll probably resurface in a uk bordello at some future date,so maybe meet geoff after all!!!an he will smuggle her out an they will live, well, fairly happily ever after!!Wacko                                                                                                                                                                              
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

LOL   And they told me romance was dead!                                                                                                                                                                              
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

its still alive an kickin down herein Dorset,jus wanna see me tangoin with a rose in me teeth!!knock out!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

Ahhhhh... *light dawns* So that's where the "Tango" comes in!   I thought maybe you were a fake tan fan or a Dale Winton afficionado?   *scarpers*   Tongue                                                                                                                                                                                 
Wills's Profile
Wills

An' I though it was 'cos you drank a certain fizzy pop!!!LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

dale winton my hero!!!Deadhavent drank tango fer yrs lots of tango in london if yu ever fancy learning then yu can meet lots of bruce forsyth  dale winton lookalikes !!!none of the guys of of strictly though!!Unhappy[said to much there!]
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

*creeps back in*   Phew!   I forget that folk don't know me yet round these parts... My teasing is always done in the best possible taste! LOL   I've just started taking Flamenco dancing lessons as it happens Wink   Been years since I did any sort of dancing... and I've always loved Flamenco (or is it just that I love Joaquin Cortes? Either way works! lol) so I thought why not? Loving it!                                                                                                                                                                               
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

me castinettes are clickin at this very minute thinkin of Jo..sorry how's yer paassa doblay or whatever do yu wear red?i fancy a night tangoin in the smoke sometime [hint hint] [me scarper's now!!!]                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

*sniggers*   I'm close to Ebbsfleet... Tango in Paris? Last one?!   LOL   *scarpers again before anyone starts talking about butter*   Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

not dartford?ani prefer flora wiv omega 3 or bertoli olive oil spread!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

ROFL!

Tango-ing in Dartford?! Whatever next?

There used to be a half decent rock & roll night, but the club owners took it upon themselves to change the place into some dodgy old nightclub. I worked there a few times but I'd never have paid to walk through the door! lol
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

back of the bike into london for a afternoon dance!!!                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7500 seconds. There are 1031 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption