Fund Raising Biker Killed By Drink Driver

10 Posts | Latest reply on 19/05/2008 18:02:20 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

A drink-driver who killed a motorcyclist while he was on the last leg of a fund-raising motorcycle trip has been jailed for three years.   Guy Henderson Reed was more than double the legal alcohol limit when his Mercedes ploughed into Andrew Groves and John Toner on the last stretch of their 500-mile bike trip, which took place last summer. Mr Toner, 39, was killed and fellow motorcyclist Mr Groves suffered serious injuries. They were raising money for the Great North Air Ambulance, when the incident took place. Reed, 36, of Whitehead Farm, East Cowton, North Yorkshire, yesterday admitted causing death by careless driving while over the prescribed limit. Teesside Crown Court was told he was tested more than an hour after the crash and had 175mg of alcohol in 100ml of blood - the legal limit is 80mg. Judge Peter Fox was told that Reed had a previous conviction in 1997 for driving with excess alcohol. The judge banned Reed, who denied the charge at an earlier hearing, from the roads for 7 years.                                                                                                                                                                              
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

that is a sad an sorry story the bstd should never be allowed back on the rd!an in my book its murder yu know that drinkin an drivin is dangerous to do it then kill someone words fail me!!!!!!Angry                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

I agree tm..   anyone than drinks and drives..especially to that extent should NEVER be allowed to drive again. What a sad story  Unhappy                                                                                                                                                                             
FlameRed's Profile
FlameRed

In: Darlington

My ex sister in law lives at East Cowton, I'm gonna ring her, as I'm sure his name rings a bell with me....   I agree, the bloke shouldn't have been allowed back on the roads, they're a menace....                                                                                                                                                                               
dragon's Profile
dragon

In: notts

Three years is not long enough should be life Angry                                                                                                                                                                              
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

Bad enough his first offence. Drunk in charge of a car you may as well walk round with a loaded gun.   Maybe they will find out he hasn't paid his council tax and double his sentence.   Im starting to feel a little sorry for the police they get a conviction and some Muppet judge gives him a slap on the wrist.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

prescribed limit? Was he prescribed a few beers?   No, seriously, that's really a sad story.  And an angry one at the same time!  Can you imagine how devastated the family were when they heard the sentence?  3 years???? He will be out in 1.5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Mick, nevermind the council tax - think of that toffee wrapper he dropped 6 years ago!  imagine if they do him for that too, he'll get life (4 years these days i think)                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

PML LOL such cynicism in one so young                                                                                                                                                                              
Hull750Rider's Profile
Hull750Rider

In: Hull
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

In America it's the same as killing with a gun they treat it exactly the same if a death is caused when drunk in charge of any powered vehical. (bring back hanging and the birch while we're at it!)                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

bring back the birch     Oh gawd no! Not Edna! Shocked LOL                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3906 seconds. There are 1401 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption