Givi topbox question

15 Posts | Latest reply on 04/04/2008 14:59:36 by Suzuki_bob | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

I've got a givi top rack thing on my bike, that the previous owner fitted.   Thing is - i'm not sure what box(es) i can buy to fit it. Can anyone help?  It's just a plastic pad, with a little electric connector for a top-box.  What boxes can I buy to fit it?   Thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

oh - and what would i need to do to make it so i can fit the side boxes too?   Would i need to replace the whole existing system - i.e The top shelf thing, or do i just get additional new side bar things?   How easy are they to fit?  What do they cost?   :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
71% Karma71% Karma 71% Karma71% Karma

Just to confuse matters, there are two sorts of Givi boxes, the Monolock and Monokey, with different mounting plates. Kappa boxes also fit Givi plates, though I'm not sure which one. From memory, the Givi website isn't all that easy to use. Run Givi into eBay and you should get a fair idea of what's available. As far as the panniers go, I don't think you'd need to replace the top rack, but maybe a chat with a decent dealer would help.                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Matt   I presume you've got a monorack - ie. a pair of arms that the plate fits to.   If so, then yes, I'm afraid the blackbird uses the wingrack system for the panniers, in which case you'll have to change the full lot.   However, as Will says, you may be able to get them fairly cheaply off Ebay.                                                                                                                                                                             
Herne's Profile
Herne

In: Dewsbury

What size top box are you thinking of Matt as I have a couple of spare ones here...but then you will prob want to get new......just thought I'd offer tho. also geoff I am not arguing with you about having to change the whole lot..cos in most cases you do but I purchased a universal wing rack and then modified it to fit the arms and plate I already had on.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

wanna get the E52 system i think, from just having a quick look.  Ill take a foto of what i have, but it does look like it all needs changing which is why i asked. Ill just stick with the soft panniers for the sides then, they're good for strapping a tent over anyhow.   Ill try and find a dealers near me, tho im yet to find one.  Ill be back in UK soon tho, but i want them for the trip back.   PS: Im not good at modifying things, Herne. lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

it says 'monorack' on the arm. Givi logo too.  Which top box can i attach then?   Cant find a supplier round here.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

Matt, is this any help?   http://www.givi.co.uk/per_la_tua_moto.asp?co_id=24783&a...mp;lang=en                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Not sure - it has both types on mono systems on that page, so i dont know which will fit my existing bracket                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

The Monokey plate mounts the box with two hooks at the rear - that's the rear as you face the box, so I suppose you could argue that's really the front, just to confuse matters. The Monolock plate has a raised part, almost like a rail at the rear, that the case hooks onto. Clear, or even more confused? If it's the latter, let me know as I've got both types of plate and can easily take some pictures.                                                                                                                                                                             
micksaway's Profile
micksaway

In: Weymouth

Hi Matt My mate has just taken a GIVI wing rack off his Blackbird with E41 boxes as they cant be fitted to his new bike I was about to put them on ebay for him If your interested I could see what hes lookin for them                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

hi mate, thats cool thanks. Ask if he's selling the boxes too and if he has any photos   Thanks                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

is it a wing/top rack? Or just wing?                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

here's the current rack i have... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/bikerack.jpg                                                                                                                                                                              
Suzuki_bob's Profile
Suzuki_bob

In: Newcastle

Hi matt, A bit late with the info but check out the BYKEBITZ web page    http://www.bykebitz.co.uk/   lots of tasty stuff and they give a little info like Monokey is for bikes and Monolock is for scooters. I used the SW Motech Alu top Rack Systems on my bandit, choose rack for bike, fit adapter plate for what ever top box you have chosen onto the rack.   Their pannier system is similar and supposedly you can whip of the frame by undoing a few nuts thus leaving your pride and joy free of any ugly frame work when you don't want the panniers on,                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7188 seconds. There are 925 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption