Hartside Cafe

12 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 03/04/2024 08:20:32 by Steve_H | Go to original / last post
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

Anyone from the North end of the country knows about the Hartside Cafe.
Situated at the top of the challenging Hartside Pass it provided coffee and essential nutrients to all who passed. And as the road from Penrith to Alston over Hartside is one of the best rides in the country why wouldn't you?
Then tragically during the snow storms of the Beast from the East the Hartside cafe burned down. Legend has it the fire engines couldn't get there till a snow plough cleared a route.
After a few years, and several false starts, a new cafe is due to rise from the ashes. A planning application has been submitted and with a bit of luck it will be open by summer this year.

https://planningregister.westmorlandandfurness.gov.uk/Planning/Display/2023/1182/FPA

I doubt it will be open for the beginning of May, but I'll ensure at least on of my runs out goes past it for coming up to "May be Easter". With a bit of luck it will be a construction site.
I like construction sites πŸ™‚
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

We could take some pics of our bikes next to it to claim first visitation rights for BM πŸ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

I imagine there will be hoards of bikers, cyclists and car nuts outside the heras fencing asking 'Is it ready yet?', 'Is it nearly ready yet?', 'What ya doing mister?', 'When you going finish?' and otherwise making a nuisance of themselves with the builders πŸ˜†

I expect the place will pay for itself in the first fortnight 😊
N0rthy's Profile
N0rthy

In: Manchester
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Thanks for this, a place to visit for sure :)

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.7701936,-2.5510644,3a,75y,173.02h,74.23t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s8lJK4jiiSRZRZZHjgMG9Zw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu
havfun's Profile
havfun

In: harrogate
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Twas nice up there                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Just up the road from me what is it you’d like to know about Hartside cafe or lack of one                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

I've just had another look at the above website, it's rarely I've seen this much love for a planning application 😍
I think approval is now a forgone conclusion, but you can offer your own support if you want to.
I like to see democracy working πŸ™‚
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

maybe North end of your country lol, but it's that far North it's 3 hours South of me and I aint even a Notherner :)

Be good when it finally opens though as I used take a bimble down to it a few times over the summer so be good to start again.
parsonrussell's Profile
parsonrussell

In: Glasgow
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

Great road and what a view. It would be good to get a cuppa there.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

The consultation ends tomorrow, so you're going to be waiting a while longer for that cuppa.
Until then the Nook cafe on the A698 a few miles from Alston does good coffee and cake. πŸ™‚                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

I think I've been to the Nook but Google Maps says it's on the A689πŸ˜‚                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Dyslexic typing is an important component of fugrwe tours πŸ™‚

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I think I've been to the Nook but Google Maps says it's on the A689πŸ˜‚...

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5469 seconds. There are 784 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption