New Year's Day

10 Posts | Latest reply on 01/01/2024 17:33:33 by Strom67 | Go to original / last post
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

Has anyone any ideas/plans for those of us sober enough to ride on New Year's Day in Bedfordshire /Cambridgeshire/Hertfordshire/ Lincolnshire /Northamptonshire or is it a solo ride to Sunny Hunny ???                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

It'll depend on what the local glaciers, hurricanes and biblical floods are up to before I can even think about going out.
I'm sure it will be a lot warmer down your way!                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

I'm sure it will... It's a sultry 11°C today but the forecast is only 7°C for New Years Day so I might need a layer between my t-shirt and jacket 🤣                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

Unfortunately I won't be able to do the annual cake get together this year...                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

I had rather assumed not. Let's hope things dramatically improve for next year👍                                                                                                                                                                             
SuzyQ675's Profile
SuzyQ675

In: Tell you later
2% Karma2% Karma 2% Karma2% Karma

I thought about it but I'm at a New Year's Eve party so most likely will not be fit to ride but nights are starting to get lighter day by day and we are due a nice summer 😊☀️                                                                                                                                                                             
localboy's Profile
localboy

In: Milton Keynes
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Vintage Stony is on from 9:30 am to 2 pm, at Stony Stratford. It's for all types of vehicles but there's always a good selection of bikes, which will be in the Market Square together with all the pre-war cars.                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

If that is a New Years Day event, could you put it on the events page localboy.. I might be interested myself 👍                                                                                                                                                                             
rob883harley's Profile
rob883harley

In: Telford
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Too cold and wet to be fun                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

I went to Vintage Stony and it was heaving.. Parking was a bit haphazard for bikes but lots of vehicles to see.

Brekkie at Super Sausage was good but I don't like queuing.

Had a great ride home cross country , saw some surface water but not one drop of rain... Part of my route was a motorcycle red route but I didn't see any bikes, let alone red ones🙄

As for the cold, t-shirt, hoodie, jacket.. No problem but then I'm not a wuss 😂😂😂

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3438 seconds. There are 805 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption