advice on bike security

11 Posts | Latest reply on 24/10/2023 18:40:23 by Suziwuz123 | Go to original / last post
Hansen2k23's Profile
Hansen2k23

In: Newcastle upon T
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Hi, I am looking for some advise on what extra security i could use to protect my bike as 12am i had 2 kids (under 18) taking the cover off my bike, then took off, they came back at 1:55am to try and steal my bike.

i already have a heavy thick chain on for the back wheel, disk lock brake with alarm, after market alarm fitted, and a bike cover.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Have you got a ground anchor?
The only thing you can really do is to make it as difficult as possible for them. Ideally keep it in a locked garage, shed, lock-up or indoors. Anywhere out of site.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Check out Y locks, they can be concreted into the ground and then a good heavy strong chain threaded through.

Alternatively a bike alarm with tracker.

Got one on DDs bike. 24 hr surveillance with triggered phone calls when slight movement occurs, to make sure the bike is where it should be.
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

Assuming that you are storing it off road, if the area is fenced I have found in the past that a very large dog tends to put off thieves🤣                                                                                                                                                                             
Hansen2k23's Profile
Hansen2k23

Hi sorry for the late reply just woke up as I have not slept one bit when it all happened, the bike is in the back garden behind a shed, so when it's dark you can not see it at all outside, (not even street light shows it.) I have just gotten a ground anchor off my brother today for my bike, I have also got a second heavy duty chain to go for the bike also, they done all this in front of my CCTV cameras also.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Have you got a ground anchor?
The only thing you can really do is to make it as difficult as possible for them. Ideally keep it in a locked garage, shed, lock-up or indoors. Anywhere out of site....

Hansen2k23's Profile
Hansen2k23

Thank you, I was talking to my family this afternoon as we where talking about trackers for the bike. As I do have a fitted alarm on the bike but have it turned off (due to storm we had).

Quote:
Check out Y locks, they can be concreted into the ground and then a good heavy strong chain threaded through.

Alternatively a bike alarm with tracker.

Got one on DDs bike. 24 hr surveillance with...

Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Thieves might be put off by cctv which isn't as expensive these days..

If it's not visible it sounds like they knew it was there so was it a neighbours kids?                                                                                                                                                                             
Hansen2k23's Profile
Hansen2k23

No idea, police think they may of spotted my bike when I have been out at work and followed it before it had the cover put on it.

Quote:
Thieves might be put off by cctv which isn't as expensive these days..

If it's not visible it sounds like they knew it was there so was it a neighbours kids?...

Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

Sadly the best thing to do is have that many locks on your bike that it's easier for the scum bags to go up the road to nick someone else's pride and joy.

Just a thought paint on your bike cover 'I also have a 12 bore shotgun and know how to use it too'
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Love it 👍

A baseball bat/hockey stick/lump of wood by the back door helps allegedly🤣                                                                                                                                                                             
Suziwuz123's Profile
Suziwuz123

In: Derry
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Ground anchor but fixed to wall as they can't hammer at it easy.that didn't stop them yrs ago setting light to my cover.just bad huh.ghost rider outta there to me ma's fs                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5469 seconds. There are 732 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption