cat n fiddle pub

78 Posts | Latest reply on 29/08/2008 18:02:17 by skins | Go to original / last post
RC's Profile
RC

In: Derbyshire
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

how do u all fancy a meet here at some point, yes me traveling lol

Famous pub situated on the main A537 Macclesfield to Buxton road in t'hills. Second highest pub in Britain, biker friendly
woohooo
Address: cat n fiddle pub A537 Buxton Road, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 0AR [map] [gmap]
just an idea let me know what u think
cheers

Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Sounds good to me chick ! Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Yes sounds good to me , been there a few times . Watch out for the helicopters though and stick to the speed limit of 50 mph                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted User's Profile
Deleted User

In: NA

Good idea, hopefully will be back on the bike by then.  Physio wants me to leave it another week or two then go out and see how i get on Big smile Dunno I would call it travelling RC, its still in your neck of the woods LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
RC's Profile
RC

its an hours drive ill have u know lol                                                                                                                                                                              
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
31% Karma31% Karma 31% Karma31% Karma

I could be up for that Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

Nice pub on an excellent road.  Count me in. Last time I was there I dropped my bike trying to put my foot down in the flipping dip on the exit from the car park - so be careful.  Luckily a couple of extremely minor scrapes and no other damage. Also as Johnny says, watch those speed limits cos the reduction of accidents on the Cat & Fiddle Pass is a very high priority for the local police and council.                                                                                                                                                                             
lcotgrave's Profile
lcotgrave

In: Birkenhead

great idea   gaz and i called in there on sunday before we met you lot at matlock, its the way we come over.   dont make it a windy day as can be pretty scarry.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

Great idea for a good day. When  the weather's down can be a bit bleak, though.                                                                                                                                                                               
RC's Profile
RC

thought about havin the meet in the summer when fingers crossed will be a hot day.                                                                                                                                                                              
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

In: Tamworth
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Just going to have to check the events and rally calendar if its going to be a summer meet.   Was thinking of suggesting one at Bassetts Pole near birmingham so that North and South maybe able to get together.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

yea if im over at the time then ill join ya                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

Don't forget the Vic in Coalville. Nice and central , in the summer they do camping, BBQ, live bands all year etc.   Be a nice one for those of us in the east mids.                                                                                                                                                                             
mallyzxr750's Profile
mallyzxr750

In: Retford

Count me in on this one know the area and road well , plus  good friendly pub and staff.                                                                                                                                                                             
gs1150's Profile
gs1150

In: Crewe

i can recomend the A54 from Congleton to Cat n Fiddle, cracking road much more fun than the traditional cat n fiddle road                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

Ghosty, I am already organising a meet at The Vic for June, see Events page! GREAT idea, count me in!  Used to live just down the road, was me local!! So it will be lovely to go there again with everyone off BM, have we set a date yet RC, the Events calendar is getting a bit full...and I want to make sure I am around for this meet too!  Can't wait RC!                                                                                                                                                                             
RC's Profile
RC

no not set a date yet was just seein who was interested when do u think we should meet for this one? august time ok with everyone?                                                                                                                                                                              
geoffb2005's Profile
geoffb2005

In: Leeds

As GS says the A54 to the south of the Cat & Fiddle is also a very nice road, but my personal favourite is the B5470 to the north.   In fact I have in the past used all three as a wild zig-zag when coming back from Wales.  West on the A54, back east on the A537 (Cat & Fiddle) before heading back west on the B5470 ...... truly excellent                                                                                                                                                                             
gs1150's Profile
gs1150

In: Crewe

Just got to watch them commando sheep hiding over the first blind crest you come to, its a bit of a bugger trying to brake and steer when both wheels are off the ground Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
RC's Profile
RC

Date set sunday 24th august Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6016 seconds. There are 634 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption