need advise to combat rust

5 Posts | Latest reply on 18/05/2023 20:37:06 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Coolcafb's Profile
Coolcafb

In: Colchester
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

help.. trike is sorned at mo, hope to get it MOTd later this month but oh, the rust.. embarrassed.
what would be good to use? on tank, and chrome..
cheers
cranialcaf                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Something like kurust from hammerite (there are cheaper alternatives that do the same thing, sold at any car spares
Place) will be a good start as it will stop the rust spreading. But if its bad it maybe cheaper to just change the part with a like for like, as curing the rust, then getting something re-chromed can be expensive game these days.

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Solvo autosol and a lot of work. If it's not moving try a screwed up bit if tin foil dipped in coke. The best way to combat rust is a deep clean before winter and a wipe down with an oily rag                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

White vineger and water to kill the rust, then autosol to clean up and polish then acf50 everything , should last 6 months then re acf 50 before winter storage if thats your thing                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

yeah I used to coat my Harley in acf50 every winter and ride her through it all and she looked like I'd been green laning most of the time..... when I got home I would cold hose her down to get salt off before putting away

come spring I washed the acf50 off and she was mint condition underneath....it's good stuff

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2656 seconds. There are 887 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption