Biker vs Guy with a Bike

23 Posts | Latest reply on 20/05/2023 10:26:41 by Biker lovin Blonde | Go to original / last post
Blue Angel's Profile
Blue Angel

In: Portsmouth
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

💀
Am I wrong in saying there are 2 types of bikers ?

1 = Firstly being a hard core biker from young age and owner of many bikes over the years 😎

2 = Secondly a guy that bought a bike as a pastime or on retirement ?

My searching goes on for the first option , nothing meant to you other guys, please dont take offence ☠️🤘
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

There might be a case for a third category...

There are those of us who spent their younger years riding smaller bikes all over the country in any weather, attending or working at bike rallies and have had a full license for 25 years or more, then had a break for family reasons but have now got back on two wheels and use motorcycles for enjoyment rather than a sole means of transport... Still not what you are looking for but possibly worthy of a mention🤔
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

A hard core biker doesn't necessarily own several bikes 🤔 you get some weekend warriors or people who live a biker lifestyle. And it doesn't matter what kind of bike or the size... 2 wheels are 2 wheels...                                                                                                                                                                             
Blue Angel's Profile
Blue Angel

Yes theres always that 🤘

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
There might be a case for a third category...

There are those of us who spent their younger years riding smaller bikes all over the country in any weather, attending or working at bike rallies and ha...

Blue Angel's Profile
Blue Angel

I suppose its the way I think Slasher of a biker 🙂from a young school gal i was around bikers as my best mates mum ran the best biker cafe on the south coast sadly gone now , so I was around mainly HA and bikers throughout my teen years , old school bikes and leather jackets were the attire 😎 but it seems its a guy with a bike ,in leathers to match , and not the sort of bike I would go for , but hey! everyone to there own aye !😉

Quote:
A hard core biker doesn't necessarily own several bikes 🤔 you get some weekend warriors or people who live a biker lifestyle. And it doesn't matter what kind of bike or the size... 2 wheels are 2 whe...

shoveltrouble's Profile
shoveltrouble

In: upavon
24% Karma24% Karma 24% Karma24% Karma

years ago a hard-core biker, would ride in any condition, the most hard-core in my mind was the despatch riders, day in and day out, and to be honest some of the so-called hard core bikers didn't ride that much

Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

Well I’m the first type, started as a rocker had bikes ever since, currently have bikes from 1924 to brand new including 1960s cafe racers, modem Super Bikes and one or two race bikes                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

I'm definitely the Type 2 and have been for the 30 years I've been riding, but it's only recently I got the retirement badge 😊
The only bike I've been out on this winter has been the scooter, and that's not a very rufty, tufty Type 1 thing (even if Scootie does have a fetish, possible even a perversion, for Harleys) 😆

Most of the Type 1's I used to rally with in the 90's (oh what hedonistic days, I can almost remember them) don't ride anymore.

All this Type 1 and Type 2 is starting to sound like a diabetes discussion. Perhaps that's more appropriate given our age demographic, waistline and lifestyle 🙂
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

I'm type 2 in the diabetes club...                                                                                                                                                                             
Un Buse's Profile
Un Buse

In: Worcester
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I started on a Puch Maxi Sport aged 16, and worked up to bigger bikes after pasmy test.

I then, as with many, got married and had children.
The bike was changed for a car, until I was divorced, when my ex wife persuaded me to buy a bike.

So I decided on a 600 cc mid range Intruder (I do love a V twin) to regain experience and confidence.

Two years later, I brought a Suzuki Intruder VZR 1800, you can decide what your of biker you think I am, I just know that I'm a happy biker.

L,h&R
Un Buse's Profile
Un Buse

Quote:
I'm type 2 in the diabetes club......

Un Buse's Profile
Un Buse

Ditto                                                                                                                                                                             
sprogg2's Profile
sprogg2

In: ringwood
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

Been riding a bike since I was 15 , never been with out one , sometimes I’ve own 6 at one time and other times I’ve owned just the one , but I don’t consider myself a hard core biker nor a born again biker , just a biker , currently ride a fjr having recently got rid of my zzr14 , been to rallies , custom bike shows and week long ride outs , but as the years advance, the adventures rescind, I guess it depends what you are looking for Angel we can’t stay young and carefree for ever , family commitments restricts me me to pub lunches and the odd bsb weekend, never judge a book by its cover (or label) hope you find what you are looking for x
f1zzzer's Profile
f1zzzer

In: Ballymena

I’ve been riding bikes since I was 17. That’s 39 years now. I’ve always had a bike and up until I was 38 it was my only form of transport. Am I a biker? Yes I think I am. I’ve gone through a few stages. Small bikes, sports bikes, naked bikes etc. in my book if you own a bike then you’re a biker. The more people on two wheels the better. Lots of reverse snobbery in the biking world. You don’t need a Harley, oily jeans and a black leather jacket to be a biker in my book
Blue Angel's Profile
Blue Angel

Hi Everyone
No way was I being nasty to anyone 🙂just remembering past years and reminiscing .
and yes everyone to there own opinion on the topic , I do not take that away from anyone we all have our opinion and versions of a biker and mine has always been old school and still loyal to that today 💀🤘
Like2ride's Profile
Like2ride

In: Hull
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

Always had at least one bike since i was at school and the thought of not having at least one bike makes me anxious. :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
BAT66's Profile
BAT66

In: Dartford

Pretty sure there is one more at least - the owner and polisher type. Who will hardly ride it, but keep it pristine (maybe even indoors), dealer serviced for everything, any mods are from the bike's manufacture and dealer installed, most of the mileage is added by going to the dealer or for the MOT (if they kept it that long before changing it for a newer one). Oh and every bit of their gear is branded with the bikes manufacture logo clearly visable.
Buldog2070's Profile
Buldog2070

In: Glasgow
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

How about the ones who lived on their bikes had a break because of family reasons then went back to riding and going to rallies on their time off                                                                                                                                                                             
Blue Angel's Profile
Blue Angel

I suppose you would call him a true biker ...too 😉 Bulldog 2070

Quote:
How about the ones who lived on their bikes had a break because of family reasons then went back to riding and going to rallies on their time off...

Un Buse's Profile
Un Buse

I ride almost every day, all year round.
Not bad for someone with neuropathy of the legs and a brain tumour 😂🤣😂                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7188 seconds. There are 539 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption