What Do people think of the Vstrom 1000 (2017) Model?

4 Posts | Latest reply on 15/04/2023 20:22:58 by Steve_H | Go to original / last post
Bikerdude2009's Profile
Bikerdude2009

In: Retford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi

I'm seriously looking at Vstroms 1000, 2017ish model. what do people think of them ?

any comments welcome TIA.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

I've looked at VStroms several times in the past and they are on my 'might buy next' list. I've no interest in the amount of electronic nonsense some manufacturers fit on bikes these days and I've long standing fondness for Suzuki reliability (be it 2 or 4 wheels).
A few folks I know have had VStroms, big and small, over the years and they seem to be pretty much bullet proof.
Having said all that good stuff the new 1050de has lost the plot, a spoked tubeless rear rear wheel is good, but a spoked tubed wheel on the front? On an adventure touring bikes? WTF is that all about? 😆
essexmick's Profile
essexmick

In: rawreth
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

Pretty sturdy bike but because they are a v twin derived from the TL
They dont like to be in higher gears at low revs also keep an eye on the rims a cpl of my custoners had rims replaced under warranty due to corrosion issues where the two halves were welded together but generally a good bike
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

Just to reopen a dormant thread. I've now got a V-Strom, and two weeks into ownership I can say so far, so good.
I've still got to fiddle the suspension to my tastes, I've fitted the high seat fits my spider crab physique and a topbox to give me somewhere to stash a pie or two.
Mine has cast wheels. The spoked variety are the same design as the Tenere and corrode like buggery, and as I'm not going bog hopping I don't need them.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2031 seconds. There are 1026 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption