Easter at Middleton-in-Teesdale- 2023

183 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 14/04/2023 09:32:13 by Strom67 | Go to original / last post
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
56% Karma56% Karma 56% Karma56% Karma

Here we go again πŸ™‚
A new thread (cos I can't find the old one)

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/events/event.asp?event_id=6613

I've just had word from our roving investigative reporter (thanks Strom) that the Teesdale Hotel are now taking bookings for Easter, and if they are I expect everyone else is.
So if you want a bed without a tent get yourselves sorted.
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

Having just booked myself I can confirm that it is cheaper on the Teesdales own website than through Booking.com although I have had to pay a deposit πŸ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Room Booked πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ»                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

Fancy this if I'm free that weekend bit to soon to know I'm still booking things for this year                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Go on, you know you want to....                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

We're off to the Teesdale this Friday for food & beer... I'd better warn them they might have another full Easter!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Can newbies join you for this?                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Most certainly πŸ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Of course you can Blacksheep, get yourself along.
If you want to join in the drinking and eating merriment then it will be worth booking yourself a room, neither the Forresters or Teesdale Hotels are expensive and the food is topnotch.
Camping is an option if you don't mind the cold, Daleview or Leekworth are your options, see their websites for prices and availability.
Alternatively as you're localish you can just join us for the rideouts. We tend to cover a fair few miles but it isn't warp speed stuff and nobody gets lost, or at least I've not lost anyone yet.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'm pretty local but still on my "L" s so will probably book a room. 🀣 πŸ™‚ Yeay! I'm looking forward to it x                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Another 'lamb to the slaughter' for you Steve πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ»

I'm looking forward to this, way more than Crimbo! 😊😏                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Good call Blacksheep, it can get cold overnight in April in a tent. The rooms will get taken so book early (and it's easy to cancel if you change your mind). I'll make sure the rideouts avoid motorways to keep it "L" plate-able.
It's all still 6 months away though, plenty of time to do your test and buy something insane πŸ™‚

It's way better than Crimbo Lindsay, you don't have to associate with weird relatives or eat brussel sprouts.
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Can't we just forward fast to Easter '23?

izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

I like Brussels sprouts!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'm booked in for Friday night πŸ™ƒ                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

This year Steve sorted excellent rideouts for Saturday and Sunday so it may be worth booking Saturday night tooπŸ˜πŸ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Strom, you sound like a bad influence already!! πŸ™‚ No room available for Saturday night. Thought if weather looking decent I could bring tent with me and just play it by ear once I'm there x                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

That sounds like a plan.. But I'm not a bad influence, honest πŸ™ƒ                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

"I'm not a bad influence, honest"

The lad doth protest too much, methinks.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Blacksheep Brunswick House and some of the other B&Bs still have full weekend accommodation.

The general itinerary (as established this year) is;
Friday - food and beer at the Teesdale (I'll book some tables once I have an idea of numbers).
Saturday - ride out 150 miles or so, setting off 11ish to allow for hangovers, more food and beer but sort your own tables .
Sunday - pretty much like Saturday but we ride in a different direction.
Monday - go home.
Of course that will depends on the weather, if it's shite I might take you all for a short stroll up a hill πŸ˜‰

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7969 seconds. There are 550 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption