An autumn Dent camp?

37 Posts | Latest replyย on 24/10/2022 19:37:05 by SlowGoose | Go to original / last post
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

It's been suggested we squeeze in one more camp before the year closes.
The obvious choice is Highlaning campsite in the North Yorkshire village of Dent.
The campsite is brilliant, Dent village has cobbled streets, two pubs and a cafe. What more do you need?

Early to mid October before the year closes down for four months of dark and cold.

Anyone interested?

https://www.visitcumbria.com/yd/dent/
http://www.highlaning.com/m/index.html
dynax's Profile
dynax

In: Doncaster
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

I would be able to do an overnighter if it's a weekend.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

The plan would be Friday to Sunday, two nights beer and a day bimbling around the lesser known roads.
Obviously retiree's can stay longer if the funds / liver can take it.                                                                                                                                                                             
dynax's Profile
dynax

In: Doncaster
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

I would have to come up on the Saturday and stay over 1 night and back home Sunday.                                                                                                                                                                             
Stokeypan man's Profile
Stokeypan man

In: Lincoln
41% Karma41% Karma 41% Karma41% Karma

Hi Steve, I'm a little restricted but could manage the last weekend in October. Half term starts on Monday 24th October so I could manage the following weekend                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

Would this be the North Yorkshire village that now appears to be in Cumbria???                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Dont think I can make oct dates as I will be in Ireland                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

That's right, it is actually in Cumbria - but if you say Cumbria everyone assumes the Lakes.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Would this be the North Yorkshire village that now appears to be in Cumbria???...

Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

Should be amazing scenery on the ride out๐Ÿ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

I'm anticipating the Lower Lode meet to be my season closer for camping weekends :(                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

I've bailed out of LL, for me it's a long way and a lot of gas for a weekend.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

I'm interested but I'm unsure as to whether it's possible atm.

When I know, you will ๐Ÿ˜‰                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

Could be interested if it's not on the week I'm away cycling                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

I'll think about it,after i've got my secretary to look in the diary....๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘
A good opportunity to used that gated back road again,lol...                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Weren't you banned from the North after the "Ewe gate" incident Jinx?                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Never believe all you read Steve...it was mutton dressed as lamb...๐Ÿ˜ˆ
Best obscure approach to Dent i know of..guaranteed no caravans or camper vans..!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

Have you decided on a date for this yet                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Not yet Bill, I've got a few things coming up I need to sort first.                                                                                                                                                                             
SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

In: bolton
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

I'm in if you can organise some decent weather.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

I've had to drop out of Lower Lode coz I've been offered some work, so I'd be well up for this as long as it's more or less dry and night time temperatures are above zero.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7344 seconds. There are 788 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption