Whitby

7 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 28/07/2022 19:18:22 by Lindsay | Go to original / last post
Tofik's Profile
Tofik

In: Buxton
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Hi guys :)
I'm planning a ride to Whitby on Tuesday. Can someone recommend any nice places to visit there as well as roads to ride? I know I can google it but I'm looking for something less known than this. Thanks in advance. Robert                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

Whitby is a bit overrated to be honest, but it depends what you want.
Robin Hoods Bay just along the coast is much prettier if you want to park up and mooch about, visit cafes etc.
The coast road A171 has some interesting bits but will be spoilt be endless streams of traffic. If you're looking for some riding I would recommend Blakey Ridge and Rosedale, to be honest you can't do wrong once you get off the main roads.
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Echo what Steve said. Get off main roads. There's Grosmont with the North Yorks railway, Rosedale like Steve says and Chimney Bank, Glaisdale, Robin Hood's bay and Goathland where they did most of the Heart beat series. Get around those roads and you'll be good.
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
52% Karma52% Karma 52% Karma52% Karma

I prefer Sandsend, it's much quieter, has a decent cafe, amusements nil (yippee)! A great beach and genuinely peaceful. Fossils by the dozens. πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ»

The route over the moors is great Chimney Bank is good fun too!                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Also quite a bit North of Whitby and Lindsay's Sandsend suggestion which is good, Is Staithes where Captain Cook as a child used to regular visit and South of Whitby and Robin Hood's Bay is Ravenscar famous for a Roman signal station and the dying material Alum from the coastal quarry. Which was extracted after Henry VIII fell out with the pope and he refused to send us the potassium aluminium sulphate for the dye purpose. So it was extracted from there instead.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Whitby is great place for a ride out... whistle stop cafΓ© have a cuppa you should get a few pointers on where to visit...enjoy....

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
52% Karma52% Karma 52% Karma52% Karma

Agree with YM, Staithes is lovely 😍

The only down side is the steep hill back up to the carpark. Thank God there is rope to help get you safely back to the top.

I must admit the cafe at the station in Whitby does a fabulous cake or four πŸ™„πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ»

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4219 seconds. There are 613 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption