Wild Camping ?

77 Posts | Latest reply on 21/04/2024 22:12:39 by póg mo thóin | Go to original / last post
ratkinsonuk's Profile
ratkinsonuk

In: Colchester
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Interested.....                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

I've had it suggested to me, so not my idea, that we few, hardy, northern and Scottish biker-campers do a meet each month; maybe just half the year, maybe more.
Perhaps next year we can work towards putting a BM camping meet in the calendar every month from April to October?
Anywhere in the country, not necessarily northern-centric. Mostly just weekend meets, Friday to Sunday, with the occasional bank holiday weekend thrown in.
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

Sounds like a damned fine idea to me Izzy, perhaps we'll encourage some of the thousands of immobile BM'ers to get mobile.
It's a while since I did a Dent (which is in the Deep South of North Yorkshire), but that isn't wild camping...                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

We decided against going wild 🤪
Basic will do and at least Dent has a couple of pubs.                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

I'll think about organising one at Tan Hill                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

"Think about"? What use is that to anyone Bill? Get it done mate!                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

Well you did say next year, only have this weekend free till mid October but wil talk to them and then we will have to look at dates                                                                                                                                                                             
Fink's Profile
Fink

In: West Wales
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Anyway, getting back to what I was originally asking, is October (early) too late in the year for one, September is full down this end ?

Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

Is wild camping when one's Yurt doesn't have an en suite bathroom 🤔                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

It depends on what, where and when Fink, the weather is often ok early October.                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Anyway, getting back to what I was originally asking, is October (early) too late in the year for one, September is full down this end ?

Must have missed that, but October is deffo within my camping season.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

I would go if south wales isn't flooded                                                                                                                                                                             
Fink's Profile
Fink

I will have a look at some of my local sites , the hidden away ones                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

North Wales is always good is it not?

Nice ride over the menai straits and bridge and on to Anglesey. Should be wild enough maybe and do the trick?                                                                                                                                                                             
dynax's Profile
dynax

In: Doncaster
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Been having a look on pitchup and there are quite a few tent only campsites suited to wild(ish) camping.                                                                                                                                                                             
dynax's Profile
dynax

In: Doncaster
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Done a basic search with some filters.

https://www.pitchup.com/campsites/England/?sort=-rating&lat=&lng=&placename=&bounds=&search=&min_price=0&max_price=20&facet=motorcycle-friendly&facet=wild-camping&q=&type=4&arrive=2022-08-20&depart=2022-08-21&adults=1&child_ages=&children=0
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Dynax the only problem is we have never been bike only. This is down to some members have to choose between bike or car as they dont have the funds for both, if your a single parent you dont even have the luxury of a choice. Also alot of bm camps are child friendly
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

Did someone withdraw a post here? Can't see any reference to bike-only camping, infact that's a rarity, I only know of one up here in Ayrshire.                                                                                                                                                                             
Hipotomuse's Profile
Hipotomuse

In: Carlisle
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

If you squint your eyes really hard tent only could be bike only.                                                                                                                                                                             
Fink's Profile
Fink

I've got a couple of places in mind, they will probably be empty if we have a weekend in October apart from just us bikes 😉                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7656 seconds. There are 555 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption