Midsummer Meet

28 Posts | Latest reply on 08/06/2022 23:04:42 by Strom67 | Go to original / last post
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

Does anyone know of a suitable spot for a dawn meet to watch the sun come up and then ride out for breakfast at a suitable cafe.

A historic site with free, legal access and sensible parking for motorcycles?

As its midweek this may not be possible for most but it can't hurt to ask the question?
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Dunno about sensible parking, but what about;

🦇Whitby Abbey
🌅Saltwick Bay (about a mile away from Whitby).                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

I said historic not spooky
🤣🤣🤣                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

Much as I love the idea it all hinges on getting up, dressed, coffee'd, and out somewhere suitably exotic by 5:15am.
Difficult, very, very difficult 😄
I might make an attempt and get somewhere local and post a pic of two.
The stupid thing is I have no trouble getting up and out on the mountain bike by stupid o'clock 😑
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Bit away from you Strom. Not sure where you would like to do this.

Here goes a lovely favourite spot of mine is the viewing point and memorial at Oliver's Mount (racetrack) Scarborough. Great view over the town especially with a slight morning mist breaking into glorious sunshine.

https://www.iwm.org.uk/memorials/item/memorial/2767

For the cafe there's also a cafe next to the memorial.

https://www.oliversonthemount.co.uk/

Or you could ride about 7 mile out of Scarborough to the bikers stop gmec for breakfast.

https://www.gmecmotorcycles.co.uk/

Not sure about parking at the memorial at Oliver's Mount but I'm sure there is somewhere? Possibly by the cafe.

By the way Lindsay's suggestion is a good one too and another of my favourite spots on the east coast of Yorkshire.

Strom67's Profile
Strom67

I was thinking of Stone circles in Derbyshire but I guess we might have to look out for Druids 🤔                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Whitby isn't spooky, you wimp Strom!

Its a really great location for sunrise. High point, looking out to sea.                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

I take your point Lindsay, although it is a 400 mile round trip for me 🙄                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

My only other suggestion is even farther North, but should be a great view point..

Tan Hill Inn, sorry it's not a historic monument, but it is old (ish!)

Most of the picturesque places will be flooded with Morrismen n women, waving their ribbons and jangling their bells, whilst banging their sticks.
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

You are probably right Lindsay... That's the trouble with living where I do, I have to travel 100 miles to find enough people to participate in anything... And they all want to head further north🤣                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Good sunrise in Durness. Well worth the effort. Even for coco mountain cafe lol. Great campsite too.                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Thanks Danny, that's a 1202 mile round trip for me 🙄                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

You may make it time for midsummer Strom 😂😃

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Thanks Danny, that's a 1202 mile round trip for me 🙄...

havfun's Profile
havfun

In: harrogate
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

You cud allways do stonehendge                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
30% Karma30% Karma 30% Karma30% Karma

Watford Gap...?? 🤪                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Well I am a member of English Heritage Norms but it will be packed...
Watford Gap???
There's always Anderby Creek? East facing, free parking and a café on site...Historic in the sense that we've been there before!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
havfun's Profile
havfun

In: harrogate
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Theres a druids temple nr irton
Lord of manor had it built to keep the work force bizzy back in 1800ds when work was scarce                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Nice one Norms, didn't know it existed👋                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Norms is that the one near Masham?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Or just dance naked round the garden. That'll sort the neighbours lol                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6484 seconds. There are 1064 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption