New Years Day

20 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 01/01/2022 15:57:12 by Strom67 | Go to original / last post
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

Does anyone know of any New Years Day meets in East Anglia or within a decent ride from(for those of us who won't be getting slaughtered on New Years Eve)

Does anything happen at Hunstanton etc... Nothing in Events?

Yes I know I could put my own event up but no point in being Billy No MatesπŸ˜‚
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

G'wan, put up your own event.
It's the anybody/somebody/nobody scenario and if you wait until somebody else says they'll go too then it'll be too late (and you know they'll bail anyway).
Go a ride, but put it up, and you'll be able to call the rest of us wusses.
Start the year as you mean to go on.

And this isn't just in reply to Strom67, it's to all of you xxx
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

A rideout on New Year's Day was always the best.

All that was needed was a toasty warm jacket, thermals and winter gloves. A willing 'pilot' and enthusiasm for the start of a New Year of adventures.

We'd head over the Moors to the East Coast or into The Dales. Visors open slightly to ensure the fresh crisp cold air could be felt nipping at our noses.

On the top of the Moors, there was always a couple of random πŸŽ„ that had the remains of tinsel and baubles flapping about, which gave a smile as wide as a mile.

If you get the opportunity to head out, take it. Enjoy the ride and make a memory or three. πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ»

Get me waxing lyrical, I must be getting old. πŸ€”
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Ditto and agree with Lindsay. It's a great feeling.
Personally now I take a hike and a long walk over the Moors. Just got myself a jet boiler camping stove, so the next few days, will be finding a nice vista spot, setup my stove and do myself some hot soup with uncle Nobby crust to dip in. Maybe some soup sarnies πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ƒ
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Sounds fab YMπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜€

Enjoy!                                                                                                                                                                             
havfun's Profile
havfun

In: harrogate
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Just put hat n gluves on n go
You will find out where when you get thirsty or sore backside                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Sounds like a plan Norms πŸ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
Zedrider666's Profile
Zedrider666

In: Penrith
23% Karma23% Karma 23% Karma23% Karma

I might just head across the country to squires and then back via Southport for a little jolly on New years Day subject to it not pissing down heavily.

Got to love the open quite roads when you can                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

I've bit the bullet and put a ride out to Sunny Hunny as an event.. If I end up on my own so be it..... 🀣🀣🀣                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

Good for you. Hope you find company.
There's every chance of a Neer Day ride from Hamilton as I've got to check out the new wheels.                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Nice one Izzy.. I'd love to join the Hamilton ride out but it's a bit far for me in one day🀣🀣🀣                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

I was hoping to go for a ride tomorrow but that idea as been dashed by the bike shop where my bike is waiting on two new boots to be delivered for her MOT                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Thought you had more than one bike Ragnar? πŸ€”                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

I do but going belting around the lanes on a 300cc scooter doesn't get the blood pumping                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Maybe a more leisurely jaunt is in order πŸ€”                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Ragnar drain the brake fluid before you set off that should help with the thrill                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

Do I look like Fred Flintstone?                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

πŸ€” Nope but you do a great Dennis the Menace impersonation πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ»                                                                                                                                                                             
Mister Pete - Optimist's Profile
Mister Pete - Optimi

In: Burntwood
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Hunstatnton & Hamilton sounded a bit far - So settled for a run to Matlock which did the trick for me and the kiosk did a crackin bacon n egg bap :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

Loads of bikes at Hunstanton but only 2 BM members. A bacon and sausage roll washed down with a cup of tea from the sea front kiosk kept me going πŸ‘                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6870 seconds. There are 474 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption