Scottish camping social 9th – 11th July

79 Posts | Latest reply on 28/07/2021 07:47:37 by Steve_H | Go to original / last post
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
56% Karma56% Karma 56% Karma56% Karma

I'm glad you enjoyed Saturday's ride, I know I did. Well until the Wine Gnome did his Flying Fuckwit routine.
You'll all be pleased to hear that the Gnome is still in hospital with collection of cracked ribs but is otherwise OK - so if you see him try and make him laugh, I'm sure he'll appreciate it.
Well done Izzy and Danny been first on scene and the two local bikers that stopped and sorted ambulance, recovery etc.
Although the suggestion we cover him in shrubbery, roll his bike into the woods and bugger off wasn't without merit 😂
GoldenGirl's Profile
GoldenGirl

In: Cumbria
52% Karma52% Karma 52% Karma52% Karma

Hopefully the wine gnome will live to tell the tale of his battle scars, seriously wish him a speedy recovery                                                                                                                                                                             
Ducatistauk's Profile
Ducatistauk

In: Blackpool
2% Karma2% Karma 2% Karma2% Karma

An excellent weekend. Thank you everyone for being so kind and welcoming. The site is an gem of a find, nicely quirky with bike friendly owners. The night sky is fantastic in Galloway with negligible light pollution, unfortunately there were clouds so, next time Izzy please look in to ordering clear skies.
I think bike meetups are great because they are so inclusive, they represent people from all walks of life who treat each other equally and with respect, giving support to each other when in need. The support showed to drunken gnomes by you folks is a credit to you as a group. He is challenging but he is like many of us a broken rider living with the consequences of that time when things went wrong big style. I wish him a speedy recovery from his current injuries
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Seriously, and the obligatory piss taking aside, I'm glad he's OK. That crash could have been a so much worse
I've spoken to XK's wife and will post updates on here as appropriate.                                                                                                                                                                             
GoldenGirl's Profile
GoldenGirl

In: Cumbria
52% Karma52% Karma 52% Karma52% Karma

Thanks Steve, yes I’d appreciate knowing how he’s doing.                                                                                                                                                                             
Winchester's Profile
Winchester

In: Holbeach
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

Likewise Steve. Any updates will be gratefully received.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Latest update is that XK is still in hospital, fractured ribs, a vertebrae and awaiting the results of other scans. The hospital staff on the other hand are having to put up with his sense of humour... poor buggers.                                                                                                                                                                             
Winchester's Profile
Winchester

Thanks for the update Steve. If you are in contact with XK please wish him all the best from me.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Cheers Steve for update. Wish em aw the best fae izzy an me. He's a gid lad                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Jeezus, where is Google translate when I need it 😆                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

😄😁😄😁
I spoke to him this afternoon, he seems to be in good form and enjoying all that the NHS can do for him.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

My thanks to you all. I've been let out of hospital (well, they more or less insisted...), and have been left to the tender mercies of Mrs (you silly sod!)XK. I can but look forward to several weeks of tlc eg "eat your chicken soup, stupid".
So many drugs, so little wine...ie naff all! Special thanks to the lady ambulance driver; I believe her name is NiNa.
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Never mind the ambulance driver, you should have seen the recovery truck girl!!!
So... have you been barred from a hospital as well?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Word has got out...there's not a hospital in the country that will endure me!                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

So we've got to take you to a vet next time 😆                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Actually, and this is true, they gave me a painkiller so strong that it is usually reserved for horses!                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

I've finally got round to uploading some photos from this particular party.
Plot spoiler - there are no pictures of XK lying in a pile of shrubbery.

https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/events/event.asp?event_id=6496
Winchester's Profile
Winchester

Your second photo Steve, looks like XKs planning his off road excursion.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

That was just securing his luggage after some enthusiastic riding 🤣
He has a previous record of turning up with something missing...                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 1.5781 seconds. There are 989 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption