Why are mirrors on modern bikes so crap?

34 Posts | Latest reply on 01/02/2022 00:21:28 by Ali52 | Go to original / last post
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Are you proposing the power of telekenesis??😨
If so,what would happen if you put an eye patch over your right eye......would the left mirror loosen instead?                                                                                                                                                                             
Cupid Stunt's Profile
Cupid Stunt

In: Hope Valley
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Don't be silly Jinx!
You're still using the right mirror more than left mirror, but now with 50% the previous use. So you double the interval between tightening 😁😁😁                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

But riding in France,the opposite would be true...thus negating the need for tightening at all...ah mèrde...💩💩                                                                                                                                                                             
Fink's Profile
Fink

In: West Wales
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

The only thing is with thread lock (which is a good idea) is that I have to move the mirrors to get my bike round the back of JP's, they get stuck along with the gear and clutch levers, I need to put some risers on to get past the gas box, it's an on-going problem 😑
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

I have a similar problem with the gate at the side of my house,leading into the back garden.
Verity requires a wiggle to clear through,Rudolph ditto..Marilyn's ample proportions(and fairing) mean mirrors folded flat against screen,plus her nipple - like indicator pods require pinpoint accuracy lest they snag both sides at once..ouch! (Who knows,perhaps she enjoys the rough treatment i inflict upon her generous curves??)
Dove's Profile
Dove

In: W. Wales
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

If you look in the mirrors cross-eyed they may tighten themselves instead or at the very least confuse both as to which one your using and therefore negate the need to get spanners out. 🤔                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

Well mine are reasonable ok on the Fireblade and i don't need any risers                                                                                                                                                                             
baxi's Profile
baxi

In: rochdale
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

better to know when you have a audi driver up your back side ? ,                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

Ditto BMW, although it's not easy to see what they are when they are touching (almost🙄) your back wheel.... I find a big right handful makes them look much smaller 🤣🤣🤣                                                                                                                                                                             
Malc1's Profile
Malc1

In: Andover
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Well so much for me saying my mirrors were perfect!!! Running an errand this morning & me right mirror fell off it’s stalk !!! ☹️                                                                                                                                                                             
Shinysideupish's Profile
Shinysideupish

In: Blackburn

Wtf are mirrors? Mine don't have any. Come to think, indicators missing too.🤣                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Lets hope you don't get blindsided by the national plague of AAD (Asshole Audi Drivers) then..good luck chap!!👍                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

No indicators? I hope you give clear hand signals..... especially to Audi drivers🤣🤣🤣                                                                                                                                                                             
Ali52's Profile
Ali52

In: Falkirk

I did watch a guy in America that has been making camera rear view mirrors for bikes. Sadly not shipping to the UK as yet, he does show how he maid them on youtube.
As for the mirrors on my GSXR I can't see past my shoulder nor arms. I have to sit a little to the side to check over my shoulder. That extension looks worth a try. Make my bike look like my large ears. 😁

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5146 seconds. There are 558 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption