Events Mileage

34 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 25/05/2021 14:49:44 by Twinhead | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Quote:
GSRalley Izzy is coming to the Barmouth camp why not ride down with her and meet a few of the strange folk from down south...

I'll actually be down south Wales the weekend before that with my MCC, so probably not a trip I'll be doing twice in a week sadly.

Quote:
Sorry GSR but I have to say ...and that's exactly why nothing is happening nearer to Scotland.

The meets/rideouts/camps can be arranged by any member in any area.

It's easy, pick a date & time, a destination, and advertise it in the forums, get it added to the events calendar and then sit back and watch. Members will stick their names on the event and comment on the forum. Arrange a rendezvous point if you want to travel together, if not, give a rough idea of time to meet at the destination. It's easy believe me, I've done it.

Speak to izzyhill she's in Hamilton and has arranged stuff before, I'm sure she can give you some pointers too.

Give it a whirl, what you got to lose?

Fair, but my comment was a genuine question. Not all of the events on the events page are organised by BM members as far as I can tell. There are a number of events hosted by the wider motorcycle industry, MCCs, etc., that BM members just happen to be involved with / go to? I've never been to a rally of any variety, the entire idea of them is somewhat terrifying when the only image you've ever seen of them is a bunch of drunk 50 year old blokes (no offense to the drunk 50 year old blokes, have at it!). I'm clearly not gonna travel 200, 400, whatever miles to be stranded at a potentially horrific experience of an event :P So genuinely, does nothing (regardless of BM affiliation) ever happen in the north? There's obviously TITG and the MCN Show at Ingleston, but legit never been aware of anything else? As it's "not my scene" that's maybe to be expected. I'd far rather dip my toe into a known, established event, properly organised by someone who knows what they're doing. If I just want out for a jolly, I can do that with my MCC :P
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

A quick search on Google;
"Motorcycle Rallies in Scotland"
Simmer Dim, Shetland
Full armour, Kilmarnock
Thunder in the Glen *
Hally Racket*

*Cancelled
Not sure about Simmer Dim n I think Full Armour is a day thing but TBH as i won't be going to any of them I didn't read it.

Izzy will be your best point of contact for info on events in Scotland.

Doesn't anyone in MCC give info on such things?
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

Marylebone Cricket Club do bike rallies??? Crivens!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Winchester's Profile
Winchester

In: Holbeach
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

My mileage came up as 28 when it's nearer 50 πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

As mentioned above, it's as the crow flies (providing it's got both wings in working order!)

Lol @jinx57                                                                                                                                                                             
Winchester's Profile
Winchester

In: Holbeach
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

Going from the Fens and up the coast of the Wash I expect that the wind plays a part for the poor crow. 🐦
I couldn't find a black one so here is the lesser spotted Blue Crow 😁                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

I always follow an Albatross now after I found out the dodo was flightless πŸ€­πŸ˜‚                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hik...hello and a warm welcome..πŸ™‚..JP is the font of all knowledge on here..the chat room can be entertaining and the events calender..menu top left pull down...can be good for a laugh..bring on the 17th...all change !                                                                                                                                                                             
Cupid Stunt's Profile
Cupid Stunt

In: Hope Valley
16% Karma16% Karma 16% Karma16% Karma

Speaking personally, I resemble a bunch of drunk 50 somethings when I'm at a rally πŸ˜‰                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

It's important to note that it's not just male 50 something's.

I am proud to say that I'm usually swaying and dancing like a loon after a beer or six!

Try it, ya may like it! πŸ˜πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

I feel the over 60's need a mention too,we're up and still drinking and peeing when the youngsters are asleep...lightweights..😎
May i just add that riding 225 miles on mostly A and B roads to meet up for a coffee ,banter and sausage baps was joyful too ,the other weekend at Rothley...blessem.
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

I can vouch for ya Jinx, stargazing, JD in hand, when I got up in the early hours to make use of the facilities at Barmouth camp. Although you weren't much help when I got lost on my way back to my tent! I thought you were The Night Watch.                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Death Watch,as in beetle,me deario..lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Twinhead's Profile
Twinhead

In: Norwich
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Hi Hkeri08. New on the website also and having fun learning how to get around the site successfully without screwing up to many times. Getting fed up with all the rain showers this week and cheating by using four wheels some of the time to bike meetings in my area of Norfolk. The flatlands around here can be fun with dodgy roads and canals on both sides to fall into. Enjoy yourself.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5933 seconds. There are 682 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption