Motorcycle lift: swap for biccies!

23 Posts | Latest reply on 31/03/2021 17:50:21 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I’ve got a lift master bike lift getting in the way (have an Abba stand coming now) if someone in the local’ish area wants it you can trade with me for two packets of milk chocolate hobnobs and two packets of Jaffa cakes. (Cheap substitutes will not be accepted!)

Best for chops/factory customs with a minimum ground clearance of 4.5-5” in old money with a 680kg max lift capacity.

I’m not sure how to pop up a photo on here so I’ll stick a stock photo off Google in me profile pics for whoever is interested.

Cheers
Stumblebum
Fink's Profile
Fink

In: West Wales
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Hmmm, I rather fancy your bike lift but I'm in South Wales,. I'd bake you some Welsh cakes for it, but it's a long way to travel 😁                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

That’s a kind offer of Welsh cakes but can I dunk em in me tea?                                                                                                                                                                             
Fink's Profile
Fink

Hmmm, yes you probably can, they are a bit like a small flat scone, but they would go very soggy. Now if you sign up for my south Wales camping weekend 4th-6th June, you may even be able to try one, that's if we're allowed to go ahead (fingers crossed)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I’ll check out the events section and see how far I am from the do, thank you.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hey Fink!

I had a look at the event, turns out it’s only 59 miles from the Pembroke ferry to Rosslare Ireland! Looked at some bookings to hop across after the do, no bloomin sailing dates available then or the next day. 🥴 I’ll do a bit more digging.
Cupid Stunt's Profile
Cupid Stunt

In: Hope Valley
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Fink's got you TBum!
Just reeling you in....
I can see you riding to South Wales with a lift gaffa taped to your back!
🤣🤣🤣                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

🤣🤣🤣 I’ll have to knock up a single sided trailer to match the speedy 🥴                                                                                                                                                                             
Cupid Stunt's Profile
Cupid Stunt

Some people call those 'sidecars'! 🤣                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

It’s got to pivot so I can lean! 🤪 Anyway I ain’t dragging this bloomin lift up to Wales!                                                                                                                                                                             
Cupid Stunt's Profile
Cupid Stunt

Yep, leaning sidecar! You can get them 😆                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Might need one for me dog, maybe an old Dnepr! 🥴                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

Weren't they called sidewinders ? A couple of mates had them years ago so that they could ride RD350lc's on L plates!!

Mind you, it would take some gaffa tape to strap your bike lift on?                                                                                                                                                                             
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

They were VStrom.
My brother was sponsored by them on a Windle TZ750

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Weren't they called sidewinders ? A couple of mates had them years ago so that they could ride RD350lc's on L plates!!

Mind you, it would take some gaffa tape to strap your bike lift on?...

Fink's Profile
Fink

Hey TBum you'll enjoy our camping weekend, it's not a bad ride up from where you are, and I'm sure you will find a corner in your panniers to stuff that lift , hmmm, maybe you could tow it ! 😜
Mmmm just think of the Welsh cakes                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I’ll do you a better deal, if you really want the lift you and your significant other are welcome to drive down and collect it. You will then have three choices, drive back the same day, kip on my sofa bed and drive back the next day (still the same deal with biccies) and we can pop out to the Hampshire Bowman. (On or after April 12th) you will love the place. Or third option as nobody seems interested in the lift, I’ll keep hold of it until B&B’s reopen, you can both pop down and I’ll put you up in a nice little B&B in Bishops Waltham, from there it’s just a two mile walk through a little single track country lane to the Bowman where an ale or coider can be enjoyed. The price goes up though! I’ll want four packets of choccy hobnobs, four packets of Jaffa cakes and some of them there Welsh thingies!

I don’t honestly think there’s a better deal to be had.
Fink's Profile
Fink

Oh my TBum, I think that is the best offer ever!! You sound like a really nice genuine guy, I think you deserve a box of biscuits just for the invite 🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪
I will have a word with himself and see if he's up for a spin down, I'm sure we can arrange something. I also have to take a trip to Wiltshire at some point, maybe I can sort something out then ?
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

No worries, Wiltshire is just a short hop down the road. I used to live there myself for a while. And I like any excuse to take decent people to the wonderful Hampshire Bowman. The Landlord Mark said he needs all the extra trade he can get when he reopens. It’s a bit off the beaten track!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Lift now gone, sorry!                                                                                                                                                                             
Fink's Profile
Fink

Did you get nice biscuits 😊 ?                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6250 seconds. There are 742 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption