When do you ride

12 Posts | Latest reply on 04/11/2020 10:06:06 by jinx57 | Go to original / last post
póg mo thóin's Profile
póg mo thóin

In: Thanet
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Some 20 or so years ago I was an all weather rider even did long journeys in the wet & wind now I check the weather in the hint of rain my trike stays at home, do you ride all weathers?                                                                                                                                                                             
Tezza1958's Profile
Tezza1958

In: Scotter Common
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Always                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Like Tezza, always when I want to get from A to B                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

When I had a bike it didn't matter what the weather was like, my old bike liked to be pushed more than ridden! 🙄 LOL, It kept me fit.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wraith750's Profile
Wraith750

In: Stevenage
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

I`ll ride as much as I can all year round, in most types of weather although I draw the line at ice or snow. I try to avoid high winds too but have been caught out in some bad storms where I`ve been blown across the carriageway a bit; that`s scary!                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

When, and only when, it pleases me. Getting too old for all this crap about 'you aint a biker if you don't ride in all weather', been there done that got all the T-shirts.                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

All year around,but no snowy rides these days...sometimes take the car if it's emptying down at time to leave,but prefer bike 99% of the time,cheaper to run,lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I didn't pass my car test till I was 32 so rode a bike all weather's, loved the warmth, dry, comfort of a car so my biking days got left behind for a few years, now I chose the time/weather that I want to go out in, unless I've made plans like a rally then it's whatever the weather is at that time
Lulu7's Profile
Lulu7

In: Belfast
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

All weathers except very strong gales!                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

Any day with a Y in it                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

I'm retired now so only ride for pleasure, so if it's dry I'll ride, if not I won't.

When working I only commuted by the bike in nice weather, although my commute didn't involve much traffic so there was no tactical advantage in biking.

I'm a smug git I know :-)
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Love the frosty mornings,usually going to be dry and sunny those days,even if it is a tad nippy...""OO""                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4375 seconds. There are 729 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption