Peoples thoughts on electric motorbikes ?

11 Posts | Latest reply on 19/02/2021 22:47:50 by jinx57 | Go to original / last post
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

I know what you mean Brengunner, I am of much the same view with 4 wheels.. Electrically powered vehicles are called Milk Floats. The IC engine is the integral part of personal transport due to sound, vibration etc. Having said that I am not averse to putting an alternative fuel into it so that I don't kill the planet, preferably made from a recycled waste product that we seem to have so many of that we have to export!
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Electricity can be very good for boiling kettles,trimming beards,or generating kitten pictures on the internet,but...fzzzzzzzz when open the throttle rather than BRAAAAAAHHH!!!...not for me i'm afraid...my offspring may have no choice,but i'll stick to burning fossil fuel derivatives,merci...""OO""
NO apologies for Luddite attitude,my opinion only...:)>
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Shocking!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Lol at Yarg's comment.
I certainly hope not.                                                                                                                                                                             
dennyboo's Profile
dennyboo

In: Huddersfield

Ive been on one there terrible you have no idea when the power is comming ,you carnt feel if you need to change gear and you carnt even tell when there switch ed ffs and the worst theres no noise wtf how many people will get killed cos cars carnt hear you ? thousands id say
póg mo thóin's Profile
póg mo thóin

In: Thanet
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

You can't beat the noise of a noisy exhaust also you can identify many motorcycles by them can you imagine a Harley with batteries however I guess people will not have a choice one day, we will have to listen to uTube how it use to be                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Having been at the TT when the electrics were first unveiled there I can't say I'm any more of a fan now but I went on an electric crosser half day thing a few years back and that was bloody brilliant fun 🤗                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

Maybe if they can make the technology small enough we could have a hybrid, quiet and socially acceptable to those who don't understand two wheels (or 3 no offence to trikers) vehicle in town and then grab a big handful on the open road and the noise cuts in?
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Perhaps some folded cardboard and a peg to hold it against the wheel spokes...? A lolly stick would do too,both are sensible recycling too..👍👍                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Anyway,if i did buy one,has anybody got a 12 mile long extension lead i could purchase..??                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

I think the way this post died a swift and natural death,shows how people actually feel about washing machines.....erm...meant electric bikes..;)>                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7344 seconds. There are 589 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption