Wanted - Chain & Sprocket set

8 Posts | Latest reply on 09/03/2008 22:43:17 by Daytona_man | Go to original / last post
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

In: Darlington
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I'm needing a new chain and sprocket set for my Triumph Sprint ST and was wondering if anyone knew any good websites where I can source what I need.  I've been quoted (approx.) £140.00 from Hein Gericke, but I'm sure there is cheaper elsewhere.   If anyone knows any good websites, then can you send me the link via a PM, please?   Cheers all.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I've sent you a PM Blue.   For the benefit of others also seeking parts, bikes and bike clobber and accessories, here's the URL   www. uk-biker.net                                                                                                                                                                              
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

Thanks, Will check that site out straight-away.   Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

www.wemoto.co.uk   Brilliant service and good prices, they have never failed to deliver promptly (unlike a certain welsh mail order company that took 7 months to deliver a pair of clip ons with no communication whatsoever!)   I have found Gerricks quite expensive for what i needed BUT they will price match anybody price. They also do a hell of a lot less now then they did even two or three years ago, still good stores though.                                                                                                                                                                             
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley

On a sub note blues, if you have never changed the chain and sprockets on a trumper triple, you need to drain the oil first because the front sprocket cover houses the oil filler from what I can remember from my old Speed twipple..........Just advising you BEFORE you dump litres of oil over the garage floor!
jeff903's Profile
jeff903

In: leicester
45% Karma45% Karma 45% Karma45% Karma

www.bandcexpress.co.uk this site is worth a look,I got a decent deal on a renthal chain and sprocket set for my bandit ,arrived pretty swiftly as well.                                                                                                                                                                             
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

Cheers GH, I'll bear that in mind, although I won't be changing them myself lol.   Thanks for the link Jeff, I'll check out the availability and prices asap.   Mark                                                                                                                                                                             
Daytona_man's Profile
Daytona_man

In: Bedford
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

GH, that's certainly true of the early generation of Triumph triples, but not the later variants. The 955i engines in the Daytona and Sprint ST have the filler on the other side of the engine and removing the sprocket cover won't dump oil on your driveway. It's just like most other bikes in that respect.

The sprocket cover on a 955i is a simple small plastic affair

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4063 seconds. There are 926 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption