Listening to music

25 Posts | Latest reply聽on 11/08/2020 08:08:36 by Lindsay | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Do you listen to music when on the bike, what sort and does it change your riding style?                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
26% Karma26% Karma 26% Karma26% Karma

Yes,a 3 cylinder symphony...and the carburettor ones make the best soundtrack..馃憤
Now we're drifting into the realms of ...why?I thought that was the delight of riding a bike, it's intrinsic self-gratification,listening to the engine note change (not very often on some marques,admittedly).. i do sing to myself,although when directed at car drivers,the songs do take on a certain football terrace flavour..and nothing,sadly,could change my riding style,short of an Exocet missile..:)> ""OO""
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

And don't get me started on satnavs or mobile phone usage on bikes...jackets or tankbags have ample room for a map to be stuffed into,and NOTHING is that important that you can't wait for the next services or layby...:)>
Captain Luddite signing off...lol
zx12r ninja 03's Profile
zx12r ninja 03

In: hednesford
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

It's a no from me , I don't use phone unless I'm stationery , I have USB to charge phone under seat , I sometimes write down the A and B roads before I go on a journey                                                                                                                                                                             
TheSlasher's Profile
TheSlasher

In: chesterfield
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

I used to listen to hubby's whistling 馃槀 馃槀 else... I'd rather listen to the awesome engine sound and the wind blowing round my ears... Nothing nicer....                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
40% Karma40% Karma 40% Karma40% Karma

I'm with Jinx on the sat navs and phones. I have my phone on charge in my tank bag for use if and when I'm stopped. My travelling tank bag has a map holder and I have a shelf full of OS maps so a couple of main roads on a bit of paper for the long distance bit and then local map to stop and explore with. I have sat nav built in to my car and it just makes me lazy and I remember less of the roads as I don't have to think about where I am going.

As for the V twin sound track, it's good but not worth going deaf for so I wear ear plugs for all but the shortest journeys.

Listening to music is a separate thing altogether as I'm quite into Hifi but that's for a different thread....
carrek's Profile
carrek

In: Truro Falmouth
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

Confession, I quite enjoy some music on an early morning ride our when roads are relatively empty. Yes, some AC/DC, Tina Turner, even a burst of Elton John. However, the soundtrack of the Heritage Softail is always a good place to start and finish.                                                                                                                                                                             
Gallowglass's Profile
Gallowglass

In: Hertford

Absolutely I do- (music- never a phone; Jinx is right; life is seriously too short for that) it helps when I am commuting in the dark winter mornings, threading through the London traffic in the cold and the rain avoiding the visually and intellect challenged car drivers either unable or unwilling to notice me. It keeps me calm when the voices start in my head...the voices telling me to kill and maim...oh, the voices, the voices...

Sorry, just had to take another pill there, I'm fine again now.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Music yes, phones no.
Are you sure you have taken your chill pill?
----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Absolutely I do- (music- never a phone; Jinx is right; life is seriously too short for that) it helps when I am commuting in the dark winter mornings, threading through the London traffic in the cold ...

Gallowglass's Profile
Gallowglass

In: Hertford

I'm fine now. The doctor told me so....                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I couldn't hear music over the sound of the carbon ovals on my Duke or the rattling clutch 馃槀馃槀馃憤                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

NOW we're talking!!..Or at least when your tinitus dies down,748col...馃憤馃憤馃憤                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ha ha jinx yes I have tinnitus it's a mix of load motorcycles loud music and over 30 years of engineering 馃檲                                                                                                                                                                             
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

No technology on my Sportster to hook up anything electrical, so I enjoy a sing a long. Twenty of your favourite hits not available in the shops.
Usually something topical from Easyriders or Woodstock.

As for Satnavs it's mostly in my head, due to truck driver pre Satnav days. When then it was Satnav head, for major route and atlas plus A-Z to finish off destination.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

So.. I'd like to listen to Paloma faith, Anne Lennox, Heart ,David Bowie, Faithless, linkin park, guns and Rose's. But instead a put up with an induction noise from hell its self and a exhaust tone from the other place.馃檪                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

As they now have HUD(heads up display) in helmets for pilots,perhaps someone could do a bike version,lyrics from all your favourite songs scrolling past...vocal range may be a limiting factor...Electric Worry by Clutch could be fun on a twisty road....hmmm :(> ""OO""
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

A motorbike rock station as you go for all road riders 馃                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Planet Rock has a lot of adverts,but keeps me sane in the bus,if i forget cds or iPod..                                                                                                                                                                             
p贸g mo th贸in's Profile
p贸g mo th贸in

In: Thanet
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

I am thinking to use my mobile as a satnav google maps are great I use in my campervan, also thinking to play planet rock on my mobile while on my trike or put some nice music on my mobile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I listen to music through my Bluetooth headset, I also use it to talk to my riding buddy.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7344 seconds. There are 338 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption