First meet at Squires July 12

40 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 14/07/2020 15:57:35 by TheSlasher | Go to original / last post
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
70% Karma70% Karma 70% Karma70% Karma

Going by the noises coming from the government, there a good chance places like Squires cafe/bar may well be partially open soonish.
I'm going to be in Leeds come what may on July 12. So, if the place is open - probably just for the tables outside - I'll be there from about 1-1.30. Who's up for a catch-up?
Come by bike/car/on foot/horseback/camel/whatever.
Obviously check nearer the day - but let's go for it!
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Wills you would pick the weekend that the gig goers are trying to organise a socially distanced picnic, weather dependant, of course! Nothing worse than soggy sarnies. πŸ™„πŸ€¨                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
22% Karma22% Karma 22% Karma22% Karma

I think a moist muffin is worse than a soggy sarnie.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

TMI D6 πŸ§πŸ€¨πŸ™„πŸ˜±πŸ€ͺ

Remember to check BEFORE setting off for Squires.

Atm, the gates are CLOSED unless you have a pre-booked appointment with Jon at SpeedStyle.

No access to Squires facilities, no drinks, no food.

I can't see anything on Squires website to say when they are opening but heard murmurs last weekend, whilst at SpeedStyle, of mid July hopefully. Apparently they are working on logistics, one way in, one way out and food service from (possibly) the fish n chip hatch. It wasn't defo confirmation folks just hearsay so don't shoot the messenger!

Check BEFORE you set off!
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
46% Karma46% Karma 46% Karma46% Karma

Statement on Squires website just now

We are currently closed under government guidelines. We will open as soon as the guidance says we are able to. Any bookings for Camping can be transferred to alternative dates if suitable. If you want to contact us please email info@squires-cafe.co.uk
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

They will need two weeks notice just to get their pasties on                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

From the reports today, the permission to open might be from July 5. But to repeat what was said in my first post: Check nearer the day.                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

Just to clarify, Squires did not, up until lockdown, serve muffins, moist or otherwise. The carrot cake was quite good though.
Damp seats are mandatory if outdoor visits are made.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

OYEZ! OYEZ! OYEZ!
UPDATE:

Open from 4 July 2020 πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜

See link below for further info;
https://en-gb.facebook.com/squires.bikerscafe/
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Ragnar, they don't make them, they buy them in. That's why they are so nice.

Lindsay, that's typical of Squires keep faceache updated and forget their own website

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

I think Dave n the girls will have so much preparation n things to put in place before reopening, they can be excused for the omission. πŸ€”πŸ˜‰

When you search for Squires Cafe, both the FB page and the website come up so it's not as if the information is hard to find. 🀨
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

For some reason, known only to faceache, when I try to access faceache via a link it asks me to log in, I am always logged in on faceache.

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

I know nowt about FarceBook, as I'm not on there. From what I have seen (thru work) I choose not to be involved with it. All I get are occasional snippets of info via other folk.

Anyhoo, not long now until we can get out n about for a cuppa and chinwagπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ»
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

"Anyhoo, not long now until we can get out n about for a cuppa and chinwag"πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ»

And a Pastie πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Lmao @ "And a Pastie" πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜                                                                                                                                                                             
curvie1's Profile
curvie1

In: Huddersfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I've booked for camping 31st July, but just heard they're talking bout locking Yorkshire down again.....                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

The whole of Yorkshire? Eh?

I thought it was South Yorkshire? πŸ€”πŸ€ͺ                                                                                                                                                                             
curvie1's Profile
curvie1

In: Huddersfield
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Not sure Lindsay. Just going by what a friend told me. But Bradford and Cleckheaton got new cases, so...... watch and wait...

Wills's Profile
Wills

Just keeping fingers crossed!                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

I might toddle along tomorrow for a brew if the queue for the barbers isn't stretching through to the next village.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5781 seconds. There are 488 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption