Recommendations

12 Posts | Latest reply on 21/06/2020 21:36:10 by hazelp | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Afternoon all. Just a quick hello from a newbie here. Planning on taking my direct access course hopefully when lockdown eases a bit. Riding a Honda 125cc at this present time. Basically being a short ass at only 5ft4 as a first bike once passed my test I am asking everyone’s opinions what they think and recommend. I’ve done a taster session on a Suzuki sv650 which I quite liked but does anyone have any other thoughts
Many thanks. Stay safe and happy riding x
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hiya, I have a kawasaki z650 and it is a small bike with a low seat height. It's a very approachable bike and not threatening to new riders. It's got plenty enough power but is relatively easy and predictable to ride - a great first 'big bike' in my honest opinion. Looks are subjective but I think it looks great. Anyway, I hope that helped. Matt
Gallowglass's Profile
Gallowglass

In: Hertford

You might want to check out the Enfield Interceptor- go and have a sit on any bike you like is always the best way of finding out- good luck!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Had an SV650 as my first big bike, great little machines. Also looked at an ER6.                                                                                                                                                                             
Strom67's Profile
Strom67

In: Hilton, Cambs
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

There is a low seat option for the V strom 650 although the normal seat is lowish. I may be 6 ft but only have a 31 inch inside leg and it's almost too low for me as standard. Try one... From memory the CB 500 X is fairly low but don't quote me on that.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

If you want a low seat and impeccable reliability then the Honda Rebel 500 is the one to look at.                                                                                                                                                                             
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

Mmmm TBH unless you look at your bike longilly when you park it up, you've bought the wrong bike.

Once you've put together a short-list I think that's the time when you should ask for advice really.

Adopting that theory has caused me to own a Honda and a Harley, so I'm not really sure it's good advice.

In my defence I've never owned a tourer or an adventure type bike, coz they is just plain fugly! 😉
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
61% Karma61% Karma 61% Karma61% Karma

The SV is a good 0ption for a first bike but do go and have a sit on as many as you can but bear in mind that they feel different on the road, be good if you could get a test ride on them firest                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi, The SV is a great bike for the shorter rider, although I found they ran out of power pretty quickly through gears or the gears were very short, that's said it's a small V-Twin and so that comes with the territory, as long as your after that style, there the newer SFV650 its a bit poker still a V though, You may find that a different engine design feels better (or worse) Inline 4's will be smoother for example. Great advice about sitting on loads of bikes too, you may be slightly less tall than some but you' be surprised how accommodating modern bikes are, you can always change the seat to lower the height too.
Good look finding your perfect ride... its out there..
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thankyou all very much for all your help and advice. I have taken into account all and see where I end up x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi if you did find a bike you really did like and it was a little to tall for you there are companies online that do seat adjustments to make the height shorter for the rider, depending on the size of the seat they don’t cost a great deal and sometimes if your lucky you find them second hand for sale like I did with my Suzuki DR400 dirt bike. :D happy bike shopping x
hazelp's Profile
hazelp

In: Ayrshire
19% Karma19% Karma 19% Karma19% Karma

Hi Im' 5' 2. After having bikes lowered over the years or a lower seat I'm happy with my Harley Superlow. Great to put both feet on the ground. Good luck with your search.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5313 seconds. There are 1334 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption