Zzr600 2nd gear disengaging

5 Posts | Latest reply on 25/05/2020 09:15:44 by invalid characters | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Anyone know why zzr600 keeps jumping out from 2nd gear all other gears work perfect but 2nd is a absolute no go ???                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thinking maybe shifting star or drum or folks. From other forums getting impression this is common in the zzr🤦🏻‍♂️                                                                                                                                                                             
Wraith750's Profile
Wraith750

In: Stevenage
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

I`ve read somewhere that it`s common too. May be down to bent or worn selector fork. Is this something that`s just occured or progressively got worse? Or have you only recently got the bike & found this problem?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Bike came with problem but I have 2 and other 1 is starting to go same 2                                                                                                                                                                             
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

This is about 17 years ago so I can't remember the details accurately, can't even remember what model it was TBH, but it was a ZZR 600.
Have you got a manual with a gearbox drawing?

Had one in my workshop with exactly the same fault, obviously I was checking everything as it came apart but IMO the most likely was a bent selector and/or rounded gear dogs.

All checked out OK BUT there were 3 ball bearings inside one of (Probably.) the cogs I think.
It looked like their only purpose was making neutral easier to find and if they "Stuck" in a position that prevented the 'box going into 2nd............

Took a gamble and left them out on reassembly. No more problems! 😊

If you've got a drawing put it on your profile and I'm sure I'll remember when I see it.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2190 seconds. There are 575 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption