Jerky ride

6 Posts | Latest reply on 19/04/2020 10:36:56 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
10chris46's Profile
10chris46

In: Runcorn
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi bike people, I am experiencing a jerky ride on my vtx1300s, seems to happen when I hit 75mph or above, have to keep using hard shoulder till speed picks up again, hasn't happened in the mornings only seems to happen when I'm on the way home after work, anybody got any ideas what could be causing it,many thanks
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

What do you mean by jerky , engine or stability                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Sounds like fuel starvation, check any filters for blockage.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

A friend had a similar problem and it turned out to be airlock in the tank from a blocked breather pipe
He took carbs off and cleaned new fuel filter new fuel pump new coils new plugs new fuel lines new inlet rubbers, he went through the whole shebang before finding the real culprit
10chris46's Profile
10chris46

In: Runcorn

Thank you everyone, I think we've found the culprit, when I took the air filter off there was a creamy coloured gunk,which I've been told is water mixing with the oil, possible head gasket                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Should be in the radiator too if thats the case, check inside the cap.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2969 seconds. There are 904 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption