Ceramic Coating

8 Posts | Latest reply on 12/04/2020 10:43:24 by Bikeabill | Go to original / last post
Mac Max's Profile
Mac Max

In: Reading
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

Has anyone tried ceramic coating their exhaust pipes I've just heard about it I'm about to purchase a new exhaust and wondering about this coating.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wraith750's Profile
Wraith750

In: Stevenage
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

I work in classic car restoration & a couple of times we have used ceramic coatings on exhaust manifolds & the finish is great & seems to work well. It can be expensive though.
If you`re based in the Reading area then you can try Zircotec UK, based in Abingdon. They will be able to give you a quote, etc, so check out their website for more info.
Not sure quite why you would want to ceramic coat a new exhaust though, unless you mean "new" secondhand?
Mac Max's Profile
Mac Max

In: Reading
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

Thanks for the info, Ive read that this process help cool the engine and improve performance so I thought Id put it out there to see if anyone can confirm this.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wraith750's Profile
Wraith750

In: Stevenage
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

I can`t see that it helps cool the engine & improve performance unless they mean ceramic coating the piston or something like that.
Ceramic coating the exhaust will help it stay looking good for longer & maybe help dissipate the heat in the exhaust quicker. If there are improvements in performance, unless any other performance work has been done to the engine internally, these will be negligible.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

From my limited experience, ceramic coating the outside, should make for a durable finish but ceramic coating the inside of the exhaust help with the heat flow through the exhaust rather than allowing the exhaust heating up and thereby dissipating the heat away form the engine.
Al
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

All its really going to do is make a scabby set if pipes look good, it used on cars but that's an all different ball game                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi, I am getting a new header for the rocket, it will have an internal Ceramic heat barrier coating to help with the heat by improving flow (I think). Its a larger header to increase out bound flow which will create more heat.                                                                                                                                                                             
Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

I would of thought a larger header would give more contact area and run cooler anyway                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3047 seconds. There are 618 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption