Quad Biker Struck By Lightning (Australia)

12 Posts | Latest reply on 05/02/2008 16:43:09 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

A QUAD-BIKE rider going for a spin in the Aussie bush was left fighting for his life after being struck by lightning at the weekend. The rider, so far unnamed by the emergency services, is currently being treated at the Toowoomba Base Hospital, west of Brisbane.   An ambulance spokesman said that the 35-year-old man crashed his quad bike when he was hit in the chest by lightning near Toowoomba yesterday.   He was flown to hospital and is being treated for head and neck injuries and hypothermia.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Hypothermia? I didn't think it got cold out there? I learn something new every day.                                                                                                                                                                              
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hypothermia can start when the body temperature drops by as little as 1 to 2 degrees C Kwak, it doesn't take much! If the outside temperature is cool (evening/night) and you are out of it you can't move around to keep warm. Your body loses heat easily 'cos we don't have enough body hair to keep the warm air next to our skin! If the poor bloke had started out in the day time he probably wasn't wearing anything to keep him warm in lower temps.   Hope he's ok tho'.                                                                                                                                                                             
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

In: London

Hey Kwak......lol it actually snows in some places back home in Oz.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Thanks Di and jabecs.    'Home' in Oz? ah maybe you can explain to me why it's called Oz and natives are called Aussies?? Why aren't they called Ozzies? lol   Yes I hope the guy is ok too, I'll try and find out.                                                                                                                                                                              
actionman's Profile
actionman

In: Torbay

barbecued Aussie....Mmmm....theres a joke there somewhere,but i couldnt POSSIBLY comment....ErmmCool                                                                                                                                                                             
jabecs's Profile
jabecs

In: London

Dont know where it came from Kwak sorry ....weather out there is very changeable one min sun is out next a big storm rumbles in brother in law flys for royal flying doctors and he see's first hand how it changes.   BBQ'd Aussie lol yeah its a rarity lol usually a POm on holiday  sorry all but its true                                                                                                                                                                              
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

perhaps ories might be apropriate with all the orientals movin in i undersatnd they are a bit like like our ugandan asians were, movin in from Hong Kong an buyin up all he run down bussinesses an like an movin familys over an takin over areas ?my mates back from new zealand an he says its changing fast! is it the same in oz?
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Looks ok on Neighbours TM!   NO! Idon't watch it!                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

I haven't found an update on the quad biker but I'll keep searching.                                                                                                                                                                              
tractordriver's Profile
tractordriver

In: pontyridd

hi all so there is a god then  all quad bike -riders should be struck by lighting  there a nuisance on the roads and you cant refer to them as bikers they got four wheels.  now im bracing myself for all the nasty replys - free speech to all.
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Quote tractordriver hi all so there is a god then  all quad bike -riders should be struck by lighting  there a nuisance on the roads and you cant refer to them as bikers they got four wheels.  now im bracing myself for all the nasty replys - free speech to all.   ROFL says he who drives a TRACTOR! Wink                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3447 seconds. There are 793 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption