Insurance renewal

23 Posts | Latest reply on 10/06/2019 22:08:13 by SpeedTriplePaul | Go to original / last post
Angelina Ballerina's Profile
Angelina Ballerina

In: harrogate
34% Karma34% Karma 34% Karma34% Karma

Just received my insurance renewal from IAM surety. Gobsmacked it's Nearly 500 notes!!!!! (2 bikes, fully comp, protected no claims)

Quick sarcastic email back brings a phone call 10 minutes later (while I'm googling alternatives) to see if they can 'help'.

5 minutes later it's down to a much more reasonable £295. Bonkers!

AND, when I agreed to the lower quote, the cheeky blighter asked how I wanted to pay!

Err, nothing until my renewal date thanks which is 21 days away!!!!!
CranbrookMan's Profile
CranbrookMan

In: Winchester
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

I renew my motorcycle insurance in March every year and each time, the quote is excessively higher than the year before. I now search online using price comparison websites and always get a better price than the year before. I too have received a phone call or email asking if they can help to lower the quote and the insurance companies nearly always lower the quote if they think they are going to lose your custom. I have only made 1 insurance claim in 45 years of driving/riding and that was when the former Mrs C dented my car whilst overtaking.
Rabies57's Profile
Rabies57

In: Bradford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi. Bike sure r good. My insurers wanted 700 notes fully comp, because I have a different set of forks. Went to bike sure. 330 notes. Its crazy                                                                                                                                                                             
TitusAgrippa's Profile
TitusAgrippa

In: Tewkesbury

Good plan! Insurance has become a total rip-off in recent years. At each renewal, they load the premium quite heavily in the hope you won't notice the increase, and if you have "auto renewal", and don't check, the b********s can get away with it. So never auto-renew, and always check before renewing, and calling them to complain usually gets you a lower renewal premium, which can be cheaper than last year. Its the same whether its bikes, cars, homes, or anything, insurance is a bit of a racket! Caveat Emptor!
rocker21's Profile
rocker21

In: aylesbury
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

know what you mean, been riding on a classic policy for years with out any claims, bought a new bike and found that the classic policy does not have any no claims bonus, and had to start from scratch with the new bike, its only a guzzi V7 special, not very powerful or quick. £200 for the classic policy, and nearly £400 for the new bike. crazy or what.but that does now include pilly insurance and class 1 business use which did not cost much as an extra.
Cornholio's Profile
Cornholio

In: Tell you later

I insured my Hayabusa on a classic policy, £144 with 6 points declared. It would have been £119 if my licence was clean. LOL

I know about the no claims bonus with that policy, but I have another policy for my GSXR 1000 that is earning no claims bonus. It's that bugger that got me the 6 points in the first place. pmsl

It worked out cheaper to have the two policies.
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

1 thing you have to remember with insurance is, you get what you pay for when you have to claim they pull the rabbit out of the hat and you get sweet FA                                                                                                                                                                             
monk860's Profile
monk860

In: Warwick

Just insured my two bikes £230 which I thought was a good deal, could not find anything cheaper.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I'd change insurers on principle.. if they can reduce it that much when you complain, why not just give you the lower quote in the first place?? It's just a money making scam. 🤬

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Just received my insurance renewal from IAM surety. Gobsmacked it's Nearly 500 notes!!!!! (2 bikes, fully comp, protected no claims)

Quick sarcastic email back brings a phone call 10 minutes later (while I'm googling alternatives) to see if they can 'help'.

5 minutes later it's down to a much more reasonable £295. Bonkers!

AND, when I agreed to the lower quote, the cheeky blighter asked how I wanted to pay!

Err, nothing until my renewal date thanks which is 21 days away!!!!!

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Have one of my Harleys insured and one of my others (ZRX1100) for £230.
Through bikesure(Adrian flux)                                                                                                                                                                             
Aden24's Profile
Aden24

In: Gloucester

They always quote higher prices because their directors are looking for growth due to shareholder greed / pressure and for an easy life, people auto renew as per trickster T&C's. Moreover, give you an excuse of premiums increasing due to the area you live in or significant increase in non-insurers. Strange when you bother to trawl through the cheaper options - they suddenly back track, gangsters!!!!

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.....😏
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Just been in the same situation . I was going to auto renew as a learner rider and non car driver.. what a mistake !
The same policy with the same Company was a £100 cheaper on Compare the market!
A big learning curve and only saved by the canny Son in law !
Totally gobsmacked !
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

@Angelina IAM Surety are just a broker, so the first quote would be with the company that you are insured with already and you may find that the 2rd quote is with another company that IAM Surety deal with.
I've always found them good to deal with and the only hard part is trying to understand broad Belfast accents on the phone.
Stu69's Profile
Stu69

In: Dartford
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Think I have a long way to go with my insurance . Being a new rider my fully comp on a Moto Guzzi v7 was nearly two grand , yes bloody £2000 !!! That's through Bike Sure .                                                                                                                                                                             
Angelina Ballerina's Profile
Angelina Ballerina

In: harrogate
34% Karma34% Karma 34% Karma34% Karma

I agree with you there, had to ask for some questions to be repeated as I didn't hear/understand them properly!

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
@Angelina IAM Surety are just a broker, so the first quote would be with the company that you are insured with already and you may find that the 2rd quote is with another company that IAM Surety deal with.
I've always found them good to deal with and the only hard part is trying to understand broad Belfast accents on the phone.

invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex

Just had similar experience but last year I didn't have a reliable price to judge it against, having just got the RS Street Triple. They would only insure 2 bikes so in the end I sold the T120 (Hinkley.) and kept the 1200 Thruxton and the Street.
This year the quote was 377, so I called them to cancel, immediately it went down to 257, but I said I'd look around.

Went back there in the end, and after TWICE being put through to the car side, + left on hold for ages it took nearly 2 hours in the end. (By then I was pretty pis*ed off and Got an extra 20 pounds deducted.).
invalid characters's Profile
invalid characters

In: West Sussex

I miss my old Norwich Union rider policy, it was so simple and easy.
Only other old farts will appreciate how good that was, though we couldn't see it at the time.                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
26% Karma26% Karma 26% Karma26% Karma

Thought i would try Bikesure for a quote,just out of interest,and their website would not let me complete my details,so tried ringing them.....oh dear...perhaps i just don't have the patience for this anymore....:(>                                                                                                                                                                             
Gallowglass's Profile
Gallowglass

In: Hertford

Every other business rewards customer loyalty- except insurance. Crazy.                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

I've had my renewal from Bennetts for the CBF which they've kindly told me they'll auto-renew, but I'll call them tomorrow to cancel that.
It's not so much the modest hike in premium or that I can get cheaper than last year from a comparison search; what gets me is the extra £12 "arrangement fee" they add on top!
That said, I'll still get a quote from their website as they have a competition going lol.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6797 seconds. There are 340 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption