Quick poll: Image tagging

57 Posts | Latest reply on 15/01/2008 08:29:27 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

ok quick questions.... if you could add a tag to images (Say in events for example) to show who you are in a foto... would you use the feature?   Like facebook and myspace for example, you go to an event and when you look at the fotos you can click on yourself and it will add a little tag to where you click.  When others view the pic, they can see who is in it and can quickly and easily click on the name to view the member's profile.   I'm not 100% sure how it can be done, but I do know it will be a big project (ok i think it will, im researching at the moment). Anyhow - would it be worthwhile me spending the time to make this kind of feature - or will it be another gimick that doesn't get used by anyone?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Its not a bad idea cuz at least we would know who is who but then again there might be someone you chatted to on site but then want to avoid! lol But seriously I think its a good idea!                                                                                                                                                                             
firebladekid's Profile
firebladekid

In: norwich

hey matt me like that idea Thumbs UpThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Yea and you can only add your own name to a photo, others can't add it for you.  You can also remove it too.   It will make it easier for people to get to know faces too before going to events.  Theres nothing worse than going to an event and having 40 names thrown at you that you gotta remember                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

Good idea Matt!                                                                                                                                                                             
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

In: Tamworth
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Great idea Matt I spent ages putting names to all the xmas meal pics only to find none of the details show up on the events pics so the only way to identify who's who in pics is go to the front page of the event then look at who's name is down.                                                                                                                                                                             
Mazza's Profile
Mazza

In: Crediton

Sounds like good idea Matt and good to only add the name yourself not anybody else adding it. Mazza x                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
firebladekid's Profile
firebladekid

In: norwich

Thumbs UpThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Matt, how come you suggest things that I've already mentioned to you? lol   I dunno what ya mean by 'adding a tag' unless it's the same as adding text to a pic? I'd appreciate it if we could add text afore we submit a photo. Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                                
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Sounds good to me Matt.Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
RC's Profile
RC

In: Derbyshire

sounds cool Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Obvious when you think about it, innit?Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

In: Darlington

Sound like a good idea Matt Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Kwak - it's not just text.  Hopefully (If I can figure it out) there will be little hovering text boxes over each person which you can click on to go to their profile.   Still not sure how to do it though.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

I've figured it!  I know exactly how I'm gonna create this now. I didn't know how possible is would be, but it may be quite easy to do after all! Watch this space over the weekend                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

ok let's try my little test.... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/tagtest/index.asp   Tell me if your username/link appears EXACTLY where you clicked.   Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

hehhee IT WORKS!  Wooooo.  It was much easier than I thought. You shouldn't be able to tag if you're not logged in You can only tag once Once you've tagged it, you cannot click it again You cannot move your tag once placed(But you will be able to remove/readd once i've finished)                                                                                                                                                                             
lula's Profile
lula

In: tamworth

clever clogs.... x                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

but does it work for you? And does your name appear EXACTLY where you click (This is important)                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6406 seconds. There are 815 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption