Site performane problems - this week

117 Posts | Latest reply on 17/01/2008 06:36:04 by Matt | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

well they tried replacing the hard drive with another one... but it failed again (6am this morning).   So they put an old spare in, of a different  make, and it worked ok.   It's currently rebuilding and will probably take around 5 hours before its 100% normal again.   But yea as I was saying earlier - the server is fine, and more than capable of handing all the hits.  It's just like having a bus... it can carry all the passengers, but sometimes its engine will fail or the tyres will need changing.  The only way to continue the service is to have another bus, but without the funds in our case - we can't get another server.                                                                                                                                                                             
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

In: Ely. Cambs
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Its going a lot better now Matt Thumbs Up Although login is a bit sluggish or is that just me?
Matt's Profile
Matt

Whats it like now?  The rebuild is now 100% complete, and theoretically everything should be back to blistering speed again.   This morning the site was down completely (Again), but I arranged for that to be fixed.  It was then running slowly for a while.   But now everything should be fine, from now on.  The hard drive has been replaced and rebuilt.   Let me know what you think.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

haha its flying along! I don't think it's ever been this fast.  Its so fast its gonna burn my internet connection out lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Ticketyboo down yer Matt!Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Thanks Dave.   Come on folks I really need some feedback on this issue, please tell me how the server is behaving for you.   Is it fast/slow?  Is it consistent?                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

I did post a reply on here about half an hour ago and it disappeared into the ether..At the risk of repeating myself - its working great now Matt. I shall retrieve my teddies and place them back in my pram. Many thanks Thumbs Up DC                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Matt.       As you know, i've not been on here long, but as it is now, it's the best it's been in the last week and a half.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

should bloody hope so!  lol, last week and a half its been broken and now its fixed (touch wood!!!) LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

Language!! lol   Yep running ok for me too, back to its usual self. I.E. running fast and now and then slows to a snail pace, but I am the impatient type LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Im looking at migrating to a new server, I've been thinking about it for a while.   Problem is... there WILL be downtime to move over, there WILL be teething problem, it will COST MUCH MORE and require a lot more management/maintenance on my part.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

oh, and the site's still running like a bullet.  Like it has been most of the year with the exception of a few blips.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Still ok for everyone?                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
74% Karma74% Karma 74% Karma74% Karma

Erm, what's this Matt? Came up 21.04 tonight when I tried to use the browse button at the top:   script removed                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Why is this page widening? It goes right across my screen and OFF IT   It's ok, I realised AFTER I posted mine WHY it was going off the page.   Wills, if you report error mesages via the contact page, direct to Matt he will see it quicker.                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Why is this page widening? It goes right across my screen and OFF IT                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

it widens the screen because theres no space in the string of text.   Hey wills, i caused that :-)  Im trying to setup a backup server and i had to change a few scripts.  It wasnt supposed to happen, but you must have changed page within the space of about 3 seconds that it was happening for lol                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7188 seconds. There are 1409 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption