Stormin The Castle

5 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 04/09/2018 20:39:18 by peter1200gs | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi all...anyone going Stormin the Castle up in Durham end of August..?...trying to get a marauding bunch together ;)                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

I used to do Stormin' regularly, it was a great rally. The first few years were interesting with undie clad bikers jumping in the swimming pool all day (the weather was pretty much like it is today!). πŸ˜‚ Unfortunately the pool was then drained 😟 don't know what it's like now.

Then there was an influx of 'festival go-ers' who saw it as a much cheaper version of a festival. I think the dynamic changed and I lost interest. I haven't been for at least 7 years now. Might have to give it another go at some stage. The bands were always good, The Levellers played a fair few times.πŸ‘

Anyhoo, each to their own. Enjoy yourselves, the location is good and the Castle is worth the journey, assuming the pub inside is still open!! 🍻
yorkie mick's Profile
yorkie mick

In: Wakefield
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

Ditto Lindsay.

Used to go a few years back and then heard rumours about the festival goers and too many cars/vans.

Don't remember the swimming bit though. Must have missed that πŸ˜πŸ‘                                                                                                                                                                             
Laffo's Profile
Laffo

In: Bumblethwaite
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Went once and had a great time, downside for me was I had been to the Castle a few times to Durham Panthers rallys in February and it was just a different class of folk and about a third of the price!...
Went to Twisted Sprockets rally this year, awesome atmosphere and again better value for money/better class of folks generally.
I'm sure if you go you will have a good time but just dont do it all for me. Give it a try if you never been but try other smaller rallies too.

peter1200gs's Profile
peter1200gs

In: Barnsley
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Better class o people? Who u think you are??

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Went once and had a great time, downside for me was I had been to the Castle a few times to Durham Panthers rallys in February and it was just a different class of folk and about a third of the price!...
Went to Twisted Sprockets rally this year, awesome atmosphere and again better value for money/better class of folks generally.
I'm sure if you go you will have a good time but just dont do it all for me. Give it a try if you never been but try other smaller rallies too.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2344 seconds. There are 921 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption