Kawa Z1000SX

4 Posts | Latest reply on 19/03/2018 20:08:22 by stutts | Go to original / last post
CelticBiker's Profile
CelticBiker

In: London
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

Just wondering what the general opinion is on this bike as a sports tourer rather than a Sunday racer bike?
My ZX12R gave up the ghost last autumn and I have to get a new bike by spring, but I had been finding the ZX a bit heavy - literally as well as on fuel consumption (on a full tank I generally got no more than 110-120 miles). I'd like something a bit lighter with a longer range, maybe hard luggage, to make touring overseas more attractive.
The SX seems like a good option from all the reviews I've read on MCN and I could get a decent one for the money I have. The alternative I've been looking at is a Tiger Explorer, but that would have to be considerably older for the same price and it's obviously more Adventurer than ST.
I'm split at the moment, so any advice appreciated.
Tim
Eiron's Profile
Eiron

In: Hastings
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I looked at one with factory hard luggage and was impressed. But then I'm easily pleased. :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I’ve had a first generation Explorer for a while and done good distances on it solo and 2 up. It’s comfortable for 600 miles/ 14 hours in a day type of touring which is where I’m happy. Triumph panniers and Givi topbox give plenty of capacity for two up touring.
It handles well and the wide bars provide good control through twisties, trickling in traffic or in town. The throttle is soft and the engine is torquey but not revvy. It suits my style down to the ground but it’s not sporty. There’s no choice of modes on the early ones. The other factor is weight, it melts away once moving but it’s a lump to push around and I expect it is heavier than your zx12.
stutts's Profile
stutts

In: hampshire

1000sx best all round st bike by far ..cant say a bad word about it and ive had a few bikes and still have a few too many                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.1953 seconds. There are 596 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption