Yamaha DT125 A good First Bike?

4 Posts | Latest reply on 24/01/2018 08:33:33 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
New2Biking's Profile
New2Biking

In: Glossop
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Hi everyone. Not sure if this should go in this forum or the Bikes, Products & Services one. I've been looking for a sporty-looking bike and spotted a 1989 model in red and white. I really like the look of it (I love the colour scheme) but would a bike that old be right for a beginner on the road? I've no idea when it comes to what makes a good first bike and although i've kind of got this gut feeling that it's what I could see myself riding I don't want to go and buy something that is not suitable just because I like the colour of it :-). Suggestions for other similar types of sporty bikes welcome.
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

My son had 1 as his 1st bike and was well happy with it. When you fall off which you will, You wont be smashing £300 worth of plastics maybe a clutch leaver or mirror. Buy a very good chain and lock as you cant fit an alarm to them, They are easy to steel so insurance may be high. Best advise I can give you if you buy any 2 stroke bike carry a spare spark plug and spanner as they can be a real pain for failing due to over heating or oiling up.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

DT is a good choice, trail bikes are more robust than road bikes and lighter which makes for easier handling. Good to see an archer on the forum.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Yes a DT125 is a good bike. Designed as a learner bike in its day and was one of the bikes to have when you were still on L plates.

Derestricted they go like a scaulded cat as well capable of about 100mph.

Just make sure you use good quality 2stroke oil or it will end in tears.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2344 seconds. There are 600 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption