Query - Lift Requests/Offers

57 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 25/02/2018 23:02:27 by Lindsay | Go to original / last post
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

S17, I have pm'd you. Don't want you confused😱😡!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Thankyou Lindsay...though you could have replied here...not sure why the long pm but thanks anyway for explaining to someone as thick as me.....lol xxx                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

I don't request lifts to events if they are too far for me to ride, hence not requesting a lift to the next Pick up a pilly gathering. Also, most of those offering lifts live too far from me, some actually stating they will give a lift to local folk. Which is fair enough, I don't expect folk to go out of their way. Another issue is the damage to my spine, I can only ride on bikes that I don't need to lean forward all the time.
So that's why I am always asking for a lift.
If some folk read my profile, before commenting, they would already know that. πŸ˜€
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

S17 I have never called you 'thick', it's very obvious that you are far from it. I PM'd you as I thought it would be polite to do so. Apologies for filling up your inbox! πŸ˜‰. Easy solved DELETE 😁                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

I don't ever remember seeing the option to offer a lift on the old site but I could be wrong                                                                                                                                                                             
nickscafe's Profile
nickscafe

In: Milton Keynes
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

It's way way back, JP...many years, in fact...!

So long ago even Matt doesn't remember it :)

It might make a difference, but as I said on an earlier message - I think it's a gutsy decision to climb on the back of an unknown bike with a rider people may not know very well.

I hope it improves choices in terms of matching rider to the proximity of a lift.
It does go beyond that, though. Individual tastes of bike; specific individual needs in terms of comfort and riding style...etc

It's on the the list to get done.
It's a long to do list, with a variety of priorities to work through.
New technology upgrade this coming week, as well as improving the performance of the site in general.
I think we need to consider adding this option in terms of weeks, rather than days.
It works as it is, so other stuff will get done first.

@ Sandi
I've met you and had a conversation.
Don't need to read your profile.
Just to be clear :)

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

There was an option on the old site not only for a person to ask for a lift, but for a rider to make an open offer of a lift.

This option for a an offer to received or offered in either direction would be nice.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Linz and I have just tried to offer each other a lift.

She asked for a lift and I responded. All goes well until Linz tries to accept my offer. There would appear to be no way the pillion can accept the riders offer.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

Bonus there stuie lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Every cloud has a silver lining mate πŸ˜‚                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

JP, you cheeky chappy!😘

Stuie, beware the smiling assassin... 😁                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

This might hurtπŸ€”                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well it all sounds very Scotia when you knows people and I'm sure it is even when you don't lol for some people anyway. Wish you all well anyway 😁🀣😁🀣😁 xxxxx                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

Serenity it's all in good humour I don't think there is anybody on bm that I and many others would not help if they were in need. Ifs a great big family who love to poke fun at each other.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Lost in translation ... Sorry I'm being dimmer than a dim thing! 😊

Back on track anyway, @nick it's good to know this one is "on the list to get done". πŸ‘πŸ˜

To any pillys out there needing a seat for an event put your face on the event in the calendar and request a lift. Hopefully a lift will be offered. Good luck! πŸ˜€
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

@JP yes top bunch of people my friend lol x                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Hi Matt, just wondering whether there has been an progress on the 'Offer Lift' button on the Events Calendar?                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5625 seconds. There are 712 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption