Query - Lift Requests/Offers

57 Posts | Latest reply on 25/02/2018 23:02:27 by Lindsay | Go to original / last post
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Hi just wondering if this is happening to others or whether it's just me. I've just looked on Events Pilly Run on 29 April, specifically the Lift Requests/ Offers page. The view I get is She11 has requested a lift and, by the looks of things on my screen, she has also offered herself a lift ???! Conundrum or what? Obviously if this is the case it won't help if She11 is still looking for a lift, as (I assume) others won't be able to offer a lift, or am I being a tad more stupid than usual?! Btw, had to post this via the old site, as the drop down list for 'new post' doesn't give the forum 'BM Website/issues/Help Requests' as an option. Oh yeah, I'm on an Android phone if that makes any difference ?? Update: whilst on old site I looked at the same page to see that She11 has accepted a lift from another member ... How come it's not the same view on both sites?
555byker's Profile
555byker

In: Ormskirk Lancash
22% Karma22% Karma 22% Karma22% Karma

Lindsay I messaged Matt re the state of the lift requested and lift offered by me and Matt couldn’t understand the problem!?! I’ve since then emailed him but no response!?!
Btw I never visit the old site so I don’t know what shows there !?!                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Hey, pleased to hear it's not just me that's getting the weird view.

Btw on old site, it's you that has offered lift n been accepted, just to clarify situation.

It would be good however to get the new site showing the right info though. Matt, any help appreciated. Thanks.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I tried to highlight the problem but was dissmissed, its a one way button.

You can only ask for a lift.

You can't leave an open offer for an event of a lift. Once you have asked for a lift a new button comes up to offer the person a lift. She probably clicked on that one too.
nickscafe's Profile
nickscafe

In: Milton Keynes
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

Hi Andrew

You're correct - a member cannot offer a lift in isolation. This - as far as I know - has always been the case.
When I tested this for your event at Haynes, it appeared to work OK.

I can see what you both mean for she11 though. It does look wrong.

I've just added myself on the new site as requesting a lift - just to test it.
Perhaps someone can offer me a lift to see what happens?
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

I just offered you the life and your profile pic came up. So it looks like your giving yourself a life. Too much of this new site was rushed in and does not work as it should                                                                                                                                                                               
nickscafe's Profile
nickscafe

In: Milton Keynes
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

Thanks for responding so quickly, JP.

Yep - the new site shows me twice.

The old site shows the correct information.

I'll send a screenshot to Matt.
He's probably running his bar through to new year, so best to expect an update after then.

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ

On the old site you used to be able to offer a lift prior to somebody requesting one but it was changed, not sure why but it would be good to have the option back                                                                                                                                                                             
555byker's Profile
555byker

As said to Lindsay in an earlier post, I pm’d Matt and he couldn’t grasp ? it ! I’ve then emailed him with a screenshot, no reply.
I have not visited the old site but believe the request from She11 and my offer accepted are there !
BJ I would totally agree we need the both options, required and offered lifts !!
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

I thought Matt had help with the site now, can that person not help?The lift offered and requested function is quite important for events.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Thanks for the responses folks (thought it was only me!).

As said above the 'offer' function was also available as a stand alone option, on the old site. Thereby giving pillys closest to the offers the opportunity to accept them. Which worked well in the past.

I think it was less work for BJ & JP to 'match members up' for the event at the last minute. As they could clearly see who wanted a lift and who was offering one, and with a little luck (and goodwill of members) they managed to get a very high percentage of lifts sorted.

It makes sense to have both functions available and working correctly so that members don't miss an opportunity of attending a great event😁
She11's Profile
She11

In: Bradford

Thanks for flagging this up Lindsay. I was a bit confused. There wasn’t an option for me to accept or decline. I just requested a lift n Paul offered me one.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

No probs She11, I was just wondering whether you were gonna ride your bicycle all the way down to Quatt 😂☺. If so, I was gonna offer to be your 'support vehicle' 🚗👍                                                                                                                                                                             
She11's Profile
She11

In: Bradford

Haha I’m hurting just at the thought of that                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham

This is more screwed up than we thought. In the test I replied to Nickscafe offering him a lift which showed as his profile as you know. I have now received a Bm generated pm saying Nickscafe has offered me a lift FFS big spanner needs applying to something very fragile and sensitive to impact damage
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Oh! 😱😨😰

I hope you will be accepting that kind offer JP ...😉

In the words of Limp Bizkit ... Listen up, listen up! Here we go, here we go... it's a f*#&£ed-up world

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

**bump**

Bumping this one up as it's a really useful aspect of event planning. Especially The Pilly Run.

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Oooh, just checked and it defo looks like someone has sprinkled fairy dust on their fingers et voilà! Just like magic, it's done 😀

Thanks 👍                                                                                                                                                                             
555byker's Profile
555byker

yes Lindsay it’s done 🙄 no accepted marker ✅. !?! Just a 🚫 that’s ☹️
It’s poor compared to the original way it was done !!
There is still no facility to ‘OFFER’ a lift that I can see !?!
FOR THE PILLY RUN AND ANY OTHER MEETS THE ‘OFFER’ IS ESSENTIAL !!!
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Hey 555byker, I was under the impression that the initial query which was; the lift request showing She11 n Nickscafe as being accepted by themselves, was resolved (ie that the 'offers' by yourself n JP have been 'accepted' as profile pics are showing) which I assumed was an indication that the problem was resolved.

Surely if an offer is made to the request there is no need for anything to indicate an acceptance (such as a tick) other than the related profile pic?

With regards to the ability to offer a lift, I totally agree that this is definitely required and is useful, as I said previously on this thread (31/12/17).

A little patience may help. Matt does have a family and other work commitments, let's give him a little longer to sort the rest out.

Relax, breathe, don't SHOUT! ... No point in getting het up.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5625 seconds. There are 673 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption