If you only plan ONE thing in 2018 (First Aid)

3 Posts | Latest reply on 28/12/2017 10:46:31 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Please make it to try and get on a Biker Down or St. John's Ambulance course.

Only this Christmas, was I called upon after 6 six years from first training to assist with an injury and anyone can make a difference.

Might not be to help a stranger either, could easily be to save a loved one.

St. Johns even have a phone app for assistance on any smart device to help brush up knowledge or if no phone signal is available - I'll try to put good links in next.

Thank You - Frank

*BIKER DOWN:

http://www.kent.fire-uk.org/your-safety/road-safety/road-safety-for-bikers/biker-down-contacts/

*ST. JOHNS:

http://www.sja.org.uk/sja/default.aspx

*PHONE APP

http://www.sja.org.uk/sja/first-aid-advice/free-mobile-first-aid-app.aspx
nickscafe's Profile
nickscafe

In: Milton Keynes
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

Want to add a nod of support to this.

I've been taking first aid training for both corporate and marshal events for many years.
Every time I've been in a position to help, it's been a bonus to be both able and qualified to make a difference during those first crucial minutes.

Earlier this year, my sister was on her way home from passing her bike test. She stopped in a layby to put on wet weather gear, stepping ten yards away from the bike.
At that moment, a car came round the corner, spinning out of control. It skidded into the layby, hitting her bike and dragging it on through the hedge and into a tree.

My sister was trained in first aid at work.

She was able to keep the driver alive and conscious until air ambulance and paramedics arrived.

The driver was considered too unstable to survive the flight, so was taken by road to hospital for surgery.
It was later found that he had a bleed on the brain and passed away several days later.

Even so, those precious few minutes at the time of the incident mattered. My sister was able to give the victim support, maintain an airway and helped the paramedics with their work on arrival.

These kinds of situations happen every day to someone. We still lose people every day on UK roads.

UK Gov June 2017 stats for 2016:-
Deaths: 1710
Casualties: 176500

Being able to give first aid at the time makes a difference to chances of survival.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Yep, even a little basic CPR is something everyone should know. I could have saved someone years ago, if I had the knowledge then.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.1406 seconds. There are 669 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption